V. 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲

𝐕𝐈𝐀

It was hard to accept the fact that I was out of the Institute, and back in the free world.

Nya sure made it easier to believe, though.

Like an excited puppy, Nya led me down the ladder and down the stairs to the first below-deck floor of the airship. She gave me a quick tour, standing at the bottom of the stairs with a giant smile, her hands out to display the long hallway.

"This is the main floor, I guess. It has things like the kitchen, dining room, living room, a bathroom, and mostly just storage. Most of our weapons are stored on this floor, also, for easy reach." Then she gently tugged me down the last flight of stairs, to the bottom floor. "This is where all the cabins are; where we sleep," she led me down the corridor, pointing to each door as she told me what was inside, "Also the movie room, training room, another bathroom, and another storage room."

I strained my ears to let all the information sink in. I was overwhelmed by her excitement, it being the only emotion that clouded her limbic system. Her mouth was moving a mile a minute— I couldn't keep up with her.

Honestly, it was nice. No one had ever talked to me this much, and this excitedly. Not even Mika.

She pulled me down to the second-to-last room on the right, turning the knob and opening the door. As the wood slab gently knocked against the wall behind it, a bedroom was revealed. It was simple, but there was clearly a theme. A bed was pushed against one wall, with a teal comforter with wave designs. On the bedside table stood a gold lamp waiting to be clicked on, and a picture frame with a photo of Jay kissing Nya's cheek. On the desk on the opposite wall, was a scroll rack and a container with at least thirty colorful pens. A rack of spears was bolted to the wall next to the entrance, and a wardrobe sat plainly against the far side, next to a closed wooden trunk.

"Welcome to my room!" Nya smiled sweetly, opening her arms up to the space. She gestured for me to come in, "Make yourself at home. Since we don't really have a guest bedroom, we thought you could bunk with me for a while."

A while. How long am I gonna be here? I mean, it's not like I have anywhere else to go. I returned her smile, nodding shyly, "Thank you."

"Of course," she walked over to the wardrobe, twisting the knob and clicking it open to reveal a rack packed full of clothing, "What's your favorite color?"

"Favorite color?" I raised an eyebrow as I cautiously took a seat on the foot of her bed. Wow, this mattress is comfortable.

Nya snickered, "If you haven't noticed quite yet, we're very color-coordinated people. I mean-- even our underwear is color-coordinated," her eyes widened, her cheeks turning pink, "You probably didn't have to know that, sorry."