Chapter Twenty-Four A part of me is within you

After the discussion ended, preparations finished in the Jiang Sect's banquet hall as well. However, after the banquet started, two figures were missing.

Why are Wei... Patriarch YiLing and second young master Lan missing? Asked sect leader Yao

Sitting at the foremost seat, Jiang Cheng asked the guest cultivator beside him, where are they?

The two went to change after they left the inner hall. They said that they wouldn't be taking part in the banquet, that they wanted to walk around a bit and would come back later. Said the guest cultivator

The same as before, without any manners. Sneered Jiang Cheng. Everyone, please dine first. I'll invite the two back later.

Outside of Lotus Pier, before the dock, Lan Zhan and Hua Ying walked together among the street vendors.

What did he mean by discuss and seal asked Lan Zhan

Oh, our family has a habit of burying my sister like a plant or locking her up in the arena but with me it's different it's a sword battle until they have had enough or knocked out smiled Hua Ying the seal, I use to have, was to temper my spiritual energy because well you felt what's it like, in the ghost realm heavens or the demon realm, there is no need for it.

So, you will seal yourself and fight? Asked Lan Zhan

Yes, laughed Hua Ying because I get out of mischief with my face said Hua Ying as he pulled his eye dog eyes out and pouted causing Lan Zhan to trip over his feet before he got his composure back making Hua Ying Laugh more.

Are you fine? Asked Lan Zhan

Yes and no but I will manage replied Hua Ying as he walked over to a food vendor looked, and smiled, good thing we didn't eat with them. Lan Zhan, come here, come here. The pie's good. It's my treat! Can we have two please?

Grinning, the vendor wrapped two pies in greaseproof paper. Just as Hua Ying was about to take them and pay Lan Zhan had already taken them over in place of him, paying with his other hand.

I said my treat said Hua Ying as he pouted

You also once said Those with milk is Mother, those with gold is Father said Lan Zhan

And why would you say that? Asked Hua Ying

A-Yu, calls you mother does he not? Asked Lan Zhan

And yet I am both said Hua Ying and smiled, or would you prefer that I be a woman permanently?

No said Lan Zhan

A-Yu would love it he says I am scary as my demonic ghost form said Hua Ying

Back then before all this happened, I use to come down once a month for a week, I didn't even have to pay when I ate at the dock. I grabbed whatever I wanted, ate whatever I wanted; ran after I grabbed, walked as I ate. A month later, the vendor would get the reimbursement from Uncle Jiang. Smiled Hua Ying at the fond memory. Mother would always leave the money I ate with them, then took a bite out of the pie

Lan Zhan left a moon-shaped opening on the round pie, Now, you do not have to pay either. He spoke

As Hua Ying ate his pie he looked around. After finishing he rolled the paper into a ball. There aren't many vendors left. Back then, no matter how late it was, this place was crammed with vendors, selling all kinds of food, because many people in Lotus Pier came out for late night snacks. There were also many boats, maybe even more than your Caiyi Town. Said Hua Ying, after the ghost realm went berserk with my death and attacked everyone ran after I recalled them calming them down things haven't been the same. It's much fewer now. Lan Zhan, you came here too late. You weren't here when it was at it was at its liveliest.