Two: The Three Headed Dragon Pt. 1

A/N: As stated in the last author's note, the time skip will be about 11 years, though this chapter isn't quite at that point yet. The children's current ages are Aegon-10, Dracarys-7, Jacaerys-6, Aemond-7, Lucerys-4, and Helaena-8.

3rd Pov

The Red Keep had never been so full of joy and happiness whilst also being tense. Since the birth of Dracarys Velaryon Targaryen, three more children were born; two to Rhaenyra and one to Alicent. Thus, there were now a total of six Valyrian children running through the halls of the Red Keep. As always, at the forefront of the group leading the rest, was young prince Dracarys. The young heir of Dragonstone was quite charismatic, beloved by nearly all of Kings Landing. This charisma made him the de facto leader of his familial age group, at the expense of the rather prideful Aegon.

Dracarys was a child that liked to have fun, and like any free-spirited child, he encouraged his brothers, aunt, and uncles to do so too. And so it led to a great many games of Dracarys' design being played throughout the halls of the Targaryen Court, much to the joy of the old King, Viserys.

On the other hand, the castle was full of whispers and division. The birth of Dracarys' younger brothers, the princes Jacaerys and Lucerys had caused a brewing tension within the court of Viserys. The honor of the princess in particular was in question due to the strange appearance of her younger two.

You see, Dracarys without a doubt, is the true born son of Princess Rhaenyra and lord Laenor, though the parentage of the prince's brothers was up for debate. Dracarys had the Velaryon blue eyes, the Targaryen platinum blonde hair, and pale skin. No Lord or Lady, not even the Queen herself, could deny the boy as a Targaryen. His brothers were a different story. Jace and Luc had darker eyes with mildly freckled skin, however it was the brown locks that flowed from their heads that caused for the biggest strike in this controversy.

"Bastards of house Strong" Courters would whisper and theorize.

This tension did not stop the bond between the brothers however, in fact it was hidden from their youthful ears by their princess mother. And so the boys worried not and Instead they enjoyed each other's company; along with the company of their mother's younger siblings.

Helaena was often seen as strange and odd, she spoke rather cryptically and in puzzles. Because of this her brothers would often overlook her. This however, wasn't the case for Dracarys, he relished in it in fact. Dracarys made it a personal challenge for himself to decode the princess' words and it soon became the basis of their relationship. Helaena would spout out strange sentences and Dracarys would always speak them back to her, straight forward and concise.

Though Dracarys was close to many of his family, there was none he was closer to than that of his uncle and best friend; Aemond Targaryen. The two were actually the same age, Aemond only being a couple moons Dracarys' junior. This closeness in age only gave way for the boys to be close themselves, the king made sure of it. He had them share a nursery, Tutors, even wet nurses. It was because of this the two always claimed each other as being two sides of the same coin.

The one thing that brought the two closest the most was their lack of dragons. Both Aegon and Helaena had dragons of their own, and in just a few years Jacaerys would likely join them. And Try as they might neither Aemond or Dracarys could claim a dragon. Though both princes were ashamed of this fact, denied by the dragons within the pit, they sought solace within each other; bringing them even closer together. This however, would soon change....

Dracarys' eyes fluttered open gently, pools of blue gazed up at the ceiling above him. The prince layed there for a moment, lost in thought. The young boy then turned his attention to the massive window that separated him from his balcony, the light of the sun peeking through. Dracarys rose from his bed, covers thrown to the side carelessly, as he made his way over to the elevated stone platform. Once he finally arrived, the heir simply stood there in his sleep-wear.