Chapter 25 King

Comincia dall'inizio

I furrow my eyebrows. "Yes she did."

"Huh." She says while folding her arms.

"What is it?" I almost grit out defensively. I'm usually calm but I don't like the way she's looking at Circe.

"Nothing, it's just with everything people are saying about her-"

"What are they saying about her?" I get agitated.

Her eyes go wide like she didn't realize who she was talking to. "Oh nothing King Kamau! I didn't m-"

"Tell me." I demand.

She gulps before talking fast. "Well they said that Queen Circe was evil and that she was only marrying you to take kill you and take your throne."

What?

"Why would she do that? She has her own throne and country to rule. She came here to help me. You said they, who else thinks this?"

She doesn't make eye contact as she says the rest. "Me and the people in Alerassa have been talking-"

I cut her off. "Ms. Clarke, listen very carefully and then tell everyone else. Queen Circe is not evil and has no logical reason to kill me or harm anyone in Beluson. This is all just opinions that you and whoever else had about her without knowing anything but rumors made by the enemy. Are you guys really the type of people to judge a person by the things that are said about them?"

She looks down ashamed and I walk away, I don't want to talk to her about this anymore.

What their saying is just crazy and makes my stomach twist.

This is really how my people think of Circe?

I see Levos and close my eyes to take a deep breath. I can't be upset about peoples opinions right now. They have no say in what I do as King or who I marry.

Of course I don't believe Circe is evil.

I shake my head, ashamed of myself. I can't even judge. I'm a fucking hypocrite. I was scared of her to at first. I just need to convince everyone else that she isn't a bad person like I've come to learn. She's an amazing person actually. I mean look at her hugging the kids. Cant they see she's not heartless?

She shouldn't have to change who she is just to make people like her.

I shake my head. I need to get my head on straight. I have responsibilities.

I walk up to Levos and ask the dreaded question. "How many lives lost?"

He gives me a sad smile, "thankfully not many but still lives lost nonetheless. 20 deceased."

I curse under my breath, my mood dampened by the earlier conversation and now this.

"Do you know what caused it? Or who? I can chalk up the earthquake on the mansion as an coincidental accident at the same time as the fires, but most of the towns in Beluson setting on fire at the same time? Someone had to do it."

Levos is about to speak but Circe joins us with the kids. Circe has Seri in her arms and she picks up Syrian off the ground with his arm and hands him to me. I carefully cradle his tiny body to my chest as he yawns and rubs his eye.

"It was definitely a planned attack and I'm betting all my money that it was Delos from the Derroth district. The reason I'm here is because I was sent a letter to come back, and it was signed with Kamau's name. Kamau said he never sent a letter meaning that they all wanted us to come back, and were all in danger."

Cela who was silently listening to us the whole time finally speaks up. "People's homes are destroyed, the castle is destroyed, we can't fight Derrith District if we don't have a home base, it will take months to rebuild everything."

Circe nods, "yes which is why we will all relocate."

"Where?" Levos questions.

Circe looks at him like he's asked the dumbest question. "Well Asthlim of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words- 1463

I hope this book doesn't stress you guys out 😭 I want it to be a good vibe read.

**
It's like I have writers block but I know where the book is going just not how to fill in the gaps.

***
Life literally sucks, just got some bad news and on top of that it's way too fucking hot outside 😭 I literally can't function in this weather.

****
In honor of spring break (at least mine.) I've decided to give you guys not only this chapter but another one later todayyy! I still have to proof read that one and I'm in the middle of doing my nails but I'll try to post it in the next few hours.

My nail inspo - (and yes I have them this long;)