Part 1

Our grade 1 teacher had suggested to fix our seats alphabetically. That didn't sound bad to me. Because Jungkook and I were the only students with the initial J for our names. Or at least that was what I thought.

"Jessie" my teacher called me to seat at the very back of the first row. I smiled at Jungkook and went over to take my seat.

"John" the teacher called next.

"Who the hell is John?" I thought while the new boy in our class came to sit beside me.

"Now Jungkook would sit at the very front of the second row" the teacher announced.

Jungkook went to his assigned seat and looked back for a moment to catch my eyes. It was a signal for me to persuade the teacher to let us sit together.

I knew I had to do it. Because Jungkook would rather die than argue with the teacher on any matter. I, on the other hand, searched for every single chance to contradict my teachers. It was something I found really amusing.

As soon as I put forward my request, our teacher replied with, "Who would complain on such a peaceful organization of the seats other than you?"

The other students started to laugh. As much as I can recall, we had some minutes of argument when finally the teacher said, "Alright! Let's ask Jungkook on what he has to say about it."

Then he turned to Jungkook and asked, "Do you want to go over to the back to sit with her? Or are you happy with my decision?"

Jungkook nodded his head and said, "I'm fine, here" like a complete idiot.

I remembered how his reply had hurt my pride and since then I had never sat beside him in any class, not even when we had gone to the high school. We were almost going to sit together for a whole year and more to come. But no!