Same old

Kerien ducked as a Slug flew over her head.

"So, is this any different than the Eastern Caverns?" Trixie called from her own hiding spot.

"Nope." She smiled.

That was a lie. The Eastern Caverns had been peaceful when she was growing up. It had only been when the Emperor returned that it all went to hell.

But that was the only way the Shane Gang knew of her home caverns.

And right now, it was the same way she saw theirs.

Since coming to the to caverns a few weeks ago, the gang hadn't had a chance to rest, or Kerien a chance to explore, because Tad fricking fragging Blakk wanted to take after his father.

Why Kerien would never understand. To the gang's knowledge, Tad had barely known Blakk at all, as he had been raised on the surface while his dad was ruining life in Slugterra.

Apparently, the boy wanted to make his never-there-for-him-papa proud.

What a insecure piece of--

Anyway, Tad had rounded up Blakk's old minion, trying to take over slugterra.

But they weren't going to let that happen.

As Kord took out the last nameless enemy, the others got out of their crouching position.

"Another cavern free." Kerien smiled.

"Yeah," Eli said sheepishly. "Sorry all you've gotten to see of the 99 caverns so far is fighting Kerien."

She shrugged. "Better than the same old lab and torture room for 20 years."

"Hm," Trixie was observing the unconscious minions. "None of these are darkbane."

"Guess Tad isn't as social as his dad." Kord joked.

"Heh. I was worried Tad would run into his dad down in the deep caverns."

"Or your own, Eli." Pronto added. "At least, the last time we saw him, your father was plunging into the portal which sucked Blakk and the evil goon to who knows where as we aren't even 100% sure they ended up in the deep caverns."

"Yes, Pronto." Eli sighed.

"At least your father is a real father, Eli." Kerien attempted comfort. "Tad certainly never had that."

The Shane looked to the ground in silence a few moments, before an alarm went off on Trixie's tablet.

"Oh no." She gasped. "Another cavern is being attacked. "

Eli straightened up. "Which one."

Trixie stared ahead. "Mine."