Noctyx getaway | day three

Uki awoke to the feeling of an arm gently wrapped around his waist. He turned his body slightly to see Fulgur still sleeping, his hair in the way of his face.

Trying his best not to wake the other, Uki carefully attempted to slip out of the bed before being pulled back by Fulgur's strong arm.

"Stay...with me."

Fulgur said in a groggy morning voice. Uki sighed.

"Fine...only for a little longer."

  He slipped back into the bed and nuzzled his face into Fulgur's chest, he was soothed by the faint sounds of the other's heartbeat.

   The quietness throughout the villa was calming, the birds happily chirping in the distance, the sun shining brightly with no clouds to cover it, just everything about the morning was perfect.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

That WAS until the loud sound of squeals came from downstairs. Uki groaned before angrily making his way downstairs.

"Awww~ you're so adorable~"

Alban was holding a random kitty in his hands. It was a completely white cat with small blue eyes. It looked pretty dirty and hungry, however, was very cute.

"Alban! Why are you making so much noise in the morning?!"

Alban flinched at the loudness of Uki's voice. He turned slowly to face the other, who was giving him you better start explaining yourself  look.

"S-sorry, I was sleeping when I heard this clawing sound coming from downstairs so I went to check it out, and this little guy was standing at the front door."

He held up the small kitty to Uki.

"Don't hold it!"

"Why?"

"It might have fleas or something. I'll take it to the vet later today."

"Can I at least feed it? It looks so hungry."

Alban wasn't wrong, it looked like the poor thing hadn't eaten in weeks. Uki caved and allowed Alban to feed it some food.

They both travelled to the kitchen and started looking for something to give the small animal.

"Can't we just give it some cereal or something?"

Uki rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Give it whatever you want."

  He said as he started the kettle to make some tea.

   Sonny came down the stairs and saw Alban pouring fruit loops into a bowl and giving it to a random stray kitty.

"Uhh...what are you doing Alban?"

"Good morning Onii~!"

Alban quickly ran to hug Sonny, who  still had a hint of confusion in his eyes about what was happening.

"Uki? What's going on?"

"He said he found this stray kitty meowing at the front door and decided that it was a good idea to bring it inside."

    Uki said obviously annoyed with the situation. Sonny walked over to the animal and rubbed its head.

"It IS pretty cute. Needs a bath though."

Fulgur came down the steps and walked into the kitchen. He went over to Uki and kissed his cheek.

"Ukiki~"

"Fufu-chan~"

The kitty made its way to the cereal and started eating.

"It's eating!"

Uki turned his head. He wouldn't admit it to any of the other noctyx members but, he liked the kitty. He had a soft spot for animals.

Fulgur noticed this and smiled.

"Maybe you don't hate it as much as you're showing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you Alban for coming with me. I really didn't want to do this alone"

He said looking at Alban as he picked up the kitty.

"No problem Uki!"

Alban smiled at the other. Uki went to open the door and step outside. They both waved goodbye to the others and closed the door.

"Come on, it's not too far away."

Uki nodded. The two started their walk to the vet in the nearby town. The quietness of outside being nice.

Throughout the walk, Alban was relatively quiet. Which is unusual for him because he's always loud and talkative.

Uki mustered up the courage to ask Alban what was wrong.

"Hey, Alban? Is something wrong?"

Alban sighed. His face looked troubled.

"It's just-Uki? Do you...think Sonny actually likes me?"

"What? Where did this come from? Of course he does."

"It's just—he seems like he's joking around about it all the time."

The look on his face was saddened. Yet Uki couldn't help but smile.

"Come on Alban, Sonny never stops talking about you. He's always saying how perfect you are and how lucky he is to have such an amazing person that loves him. He loves you Alban, I'm sure of it."

The two were silent for a while, neither of them wanting to say anything else. It didn't matter anyway, they were already at the vet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 769