6 - The Secret

"We don't speak about this to anyone. Anyone" Rosa said to me, after we both got up and took something for our headaches. "Speak about what?" I asked. "Ok, that's good, just like that" Rosa smiled. 

"We have to go back to the Precinct at different times to not make it look like we came together," I said, "there's only one problem though..." "What's that?" She asked me. "I have no idea where your apartment is, meaning I have no idea how to get to the precinct. Also, I wasn't home last night or this morning so no one was home to feed c/n" I said. 

"I'll drive you to your apartment, feed your cat and if you have time get changed, if not who cares" she shrugged. "Wow, you take hygiene so well," I said sarcastically. "Ok, lets go" Rosa said standing up and walking towards the door, with me following. 

Once we were outside the building she handed me a helmet. "Ugh I forgot you ride a motorcycle" I groaned. "Ever been on one before?" She asked me. "No," I said, shaking my head. "I'll go slow, I promise," she said, as I sat, behind her.

~

She dropped me off outside my apartment and when I got off the motorcycle I could barely stand straight. "That was not slow," I said angrily, facing her. "It was" she answered. "Was not, but whatever you say I guess" I rolled my eyes. "Yep, see you at the precinct," she said, then drove away.

I walked into my apartment building and up the steps to my apartment. Once I opened the door my cat ran up to me  and started meowing really loudly. 

~

Once I fed c/n I checked the time, and I was almost late to work which meant to shower or change my clothes. I grabbed my keys and ran to my car, driving to the precinct.

Once I got there Rosa was sitting at her desk talking to Amy. "Oh hey Y/n" Jake said, causing Amy to look over at me. "Yeah, hey Y/n" she said. So.... who do you think is going to win the bet" Jake smirked, walking up to me. "Yeah, do you think it'll be me, your best friend, or him the annoying guy from work" Amy said walking over to me. 

"Wait you think of me as a best friend?" I said turning to Amy. "Yeah, she thinks of everyone from work as a best friend" Jake said, rolling his eyes. "Oh, well I'm gonna say Jake wins, sorry Ames I partially think he will, but I also want to know what happens on the date" I said.

"Wowww, you're off my best friend list" Amy said, turning back to Rosa. "Ames wait, you have a chance of winning too, it's 50/50. I also wanna see what you do to him car!" I said. "Only my best friends can call me Ames, call me Amy" she said angrily, not even looking at me.

"That's fine, you can call me Ames" Jake said to me. "Wow thanks, so sweet of you" I smiled and went to sit at my desk.

~

"Y/l/n, Diaz. My office" Captain Holt said, calling us into his office. I glanced over at Rosa, then stood up walking over to Holt's office. I let Rosa walk through the door first, then followed after her. 

Rosa sat on the chair in front of Holt's desk so I closed the door and sat on the couch. I had one leg on the floor and the other bent on the couch, near my chest. "I have a case I need you two to work, I would've originally asked Peralta and Santiago but they have their bet going on" he explained.

"What's the case?" I asked as Rosa kept nodding to what he had said previously. "First.. tell me what's going on with you two? You usually talk everyday, almost non-stop, but now you didn't even say good morning" Holt said.

"I never say good morning" Rosa told Holt. "You do to her" he said, gesturing towards me. I glanced over at her and saw her peeking a me over her shoulder, so I instantly looked away. "Sir, with all due respect" I started, but never got to finish because Rosa cut me off. "Take me off the case and swap me with someone else."