Chapter 35: Battle of Tartarus

Thalia's PoV

"How dare you attack me, you weakling!"

Well there goes my chance to finish this quickly...Damn it! I didn't say anything as I slowly pulled my sword from the wall, never once leaving the insane Demi-Titan out of my sight. No matter how idiotic he seemed, he still was powerful enough to beat me once...

"What is it Daughter of Zeus! Do you see how futile this fight is?" He smirked.

Never again!

I rushed for him in a beeline, my sword to my side as it cackled with electricity. I had to be fast... But with a simple wave of his hand a wall of fire forced me to change directions.

"Give up, little girl. You can't even touch me with your skills."

Well now I am officially mad!

A second later darkness began to consume my vision. When I looked to the side I saw that it began to separate me from the others. I managed to find Nico, as our gazes met just before the Darkness set us apart. One last smile and a confident nod and the I was alone with the firecracker.

"What is happening?" I shouted to where he should stand.

A flame appeared alighting only his face. The Light seemed strangled by the darkness as it didn't even cast a shadow, until it disappeared fully again.

"Nyx has a plan."

I frowned a little, already guessing that much.

"I have decided to set new Rules for this little fight. "

The unmistakable eerily calm voice of Nyx echoed through the Blackness.

"They are really simple really. Defeat your opponent and you can leave."

Suddenly the darkness began to be replaced gradually from the top. The particles began to scatter away leaving behind a sky as if it was always there. Thunder rumbled in the sky.

"Of course you are not allowed to interfere in another fight. If you do your existence shall be erased by me personally."

Now I could see deep green tree tops. It seemed to be a jungle. Rain poured down from the sky, but as I was still immersed in darkness it didn't touch me.

"If the other fight is over you will have the opportunity to take revenge, should your ally have fallen. Whoever stands last wins. Well let the Games begin!"

I felt the first raindrops as it reached the ground, and I saw the Demi-Titan alight with flames, water vapor rising from him, still not really interfering with his flames.

"Well at least I know that I will get out of here."

"Don't make me laugh Daughter of Zeus. You will rot here for all eternity!"

"My name is Thalia Grace, you stupid firefly!"

I slashed through the air releasing a lightning bolt towards my opponent. This time he had to he ducked as the lightning crashed into the giant tree stump. This is all I needed as I rushed off. The ground was slippery and uneven making it hard to maneuver, again I was to slow as he retaliated with a wall of flame. I quickly changed directions taking cover behind a fallen tree. I felt the heat washing over me as small flames licked at some plants, again not deterred by the rain. New Plan...

"Is that all oh great Huntress?" He began releasing a steady stream of fire at my hiding place slowly burning through.

I used this opportunity to disappear to the side. This was my territory. I saw a good tree to scale and quickly jumped up using my daggers to steady me.