September 25, 1890
The day began at six o'clock when I woke up. I then proceeded to pack my things from the tent I resided in for rest the previous night.

𖠁𐂃𖠁

The blonde woman stared at her arms. Deeply rooted within her was a hatred for them. They weren't truly hers. If they were, bones and blood and muscle would be protected by a layer of skin and flesh. Instead, she was gazing at a mechanical masterpiece. Steel and iron hands weren't common there was a high chance she was the only person in the world to have such a gift.

Violet sighed as she twisted a few cogs in place of her elbows. Each turn of her hand released pressure within the movable joints. She watched as each one of her fingers sprang to life, tensing up at every knuckle before they went flaccid and relaxed. As swift as possible, she rolled her bunched selves down the metal of her arms and pulled her gloves on once again.

The hues of violet and red clashed against the deep blue of the sea. As the sun rose from the horizon an invasive peacefulness rose within her. She was greeted with a small amount of the competition talking and preparing outdoors to enjoy the morning.

The blue-eyed girl packed her things, knowing it would be a while before she would be able to rest again. The golden buckles of her clips clanked together as both her sleeping bag and her briefcase attached to the back of her leather saddle. Her nimble fingers then attached a number to both herself and her horse. She shivered as the coolness of the seafaring breeze settled in her bones.

Her foot hooked into the stirrup and as she was about to push her body up, a hand pinched at her body. The man behind her didn't stand a chance as she reacted on instinct. Before he could move his arm away, Violet withdrew her foot from its place and grasped his arm tightly. Her grip was frighteningly strong as she placed her other hand on the back of his neck. With all her strength, she flipped the man twice her size over her back and to the rough gravel below. He gasped in pain as the air was ripped away from his lungs on impact. Even more so when she rolled him over and pulled his arm back, effectively incapacitating him.

He cussed at her. She didn't flinch as he struggled beneath her. When his head turned, rocks and pebbles scratching at his cheeks, he was met with a chilling view. She stood staring down at him with cold, unforgiving eyes. The bright, ocean blue looked more like factory steel in the shadowed lighting.

When the woman came back to her senses, she released him, stepping a heeled boot off his back and turning away. He scrambled up, calling her vulgar names as he practically limped away. Violet paid no mind to him as she re-hooked her foot into the stirrup and pushed up into the saddle.

Onlookers would find it funny to watch the small, petit girl clamber onto such a tall steed. At least they would've if they had not just watched her take down a fully grown man without breaking a sweat. With a squeeze of her thighs, the brown stallion below her walked towards a breakfast diner.

The people inside were all very unique. Violet had to remind herself that they were all living, breathing creatures with lives of their own. Growing up in the army left an indent in her brain, leaving a mark of unmerciful thinking habits. To her, they were all enemies from foreign places.

She could hear distinct chatter from a handful of participants.

"Did you see that guy? If he thinks he's going to get on the horse he's crazy."