Chapter 11 The truth comes to Light

Start from the beginning

As he looked down to inspect the needles, he noted the creator was fairly skilled. Putting them away, Hua Ying looked down at the chains on Wen Ning's wrists and ankles again, thinking to himself that it'd be a bit inconvenient for them to hang around and make noise. He'd need to use a cultivational sword to cut them off.

Yin Yu called Hua Ying

Yes, A-Ying asked Yin Yu

Take these, I want to know who crafted them why and for whom, use any means necessary and once you get the information end their life said Hua Ying

A-Ying? Asked Yin Yu

You do not hurt my family and get away with it! Said Hua Ying not taking his eyes off Wen Ning, even if he is a savage corpse stated Hua Ying as his eyes glowed red, I will find Nie Mingjue's killer and I will find who did this and will make sure that in this life and the next they suffer for every last cut and bruise.

Alright A-Ying I will do as you ask said Yin Yu as he left.

Calming down Hua Ying looked at Wen Ning again then realized he could've asked Yin Yu to cut the chains then looking at Wen Ning, stay here A-Ning, my wraiths are useless when it comes to those chains, they will die if they touch them, so I am going to see if Lan Zhan is still asleep and get Bichen to cut the chains from you alright. Said Hua Ying

Turning around I really wish I had Suibian by me said Hua Ying Hua Ying immediately bumped into the person he never expected to bump into Lan Zhan stood just behind him. Being in the state of mind he is in he never noticed Lan Zhan's presence at all and if Lan Zhan wanted no one to sense his presence then no one would not even Hua Ying himself. Looking up at Lan Zhan's cold face under the moonlight, Hua Ying's heart began to race. He didn't know how long Lan Zhan had stood there or what he had heard but he was sure that while Yin Yu was here Lan Zhan wasn't and that was a relief.

Lan Zhan crossed his arms in front of him and held Bichen in them. His expression was particularly stiff. Hua Ying had never seen him with such an obviously displeased expression on his face before. He felt that he needed to speak first and explain the situation, ease the atmosphere.

Lan Zhan? Asked Hua Ying, when Lan Zhan did not reply and saw that Lan Zhan was staring at Wen Ning Hua Ying became nervous, so he did the only thing that he could think of, he placed his hand on Lan Zhan's face and made him look at him. Lan Zhan?

Lan Zhan finally let down the hands that held Bichen and walked a few steps forward. Seeing that he went toward Wen Ning with a sword in his hand, Hua Ying thought that he was going to kill Wen Ning, Oh no. Don't tell me that Lan Zhan really pretended to be drunk so that he could kill Wen Ning after I summon him. Of course. Nobody actually gets drunk after just a bowl.

A-Zhan, listen to me said Hua Ying as he placed himself in between Wen Ning and Lan Zhan

Lan Zhan grabbed Hua Ying around the waist and pulled him to his side then with a loud smack, Lan Zhan hit Wen Ning, Lan Zhan turned and put sone distance between them. Although it sounded quite strong, it didn't actually do any damage. Wen Ning only staggered a few steps backward after the blow. He wobbled a bit and regained his balance, standing properly again with a blank face.

Wen Ning wasn't in a state as easily angered as when he flipped out in the past, but his temper wasn't too good either. During the night at Dafan Mountain, nobody could lay a sword on him before everyone was knocked down, he even held someone by his neck. If Hua Ying didn't stop him, he would've strangled every single one of the people at the scene. Yet, although Lan Zhan smacked him once, his head was still lowered, appearing as if he didn't dare to resist. Hua Ying thought that this was a bit strange, but he nevertheless felt relieved. If Wen Ning returned the strike and the two started fighting, it'd be even harder to intervene.