Chapter Ten The Demonic torso

ابدأ من البداية

The gravedigger snorted with disdain, as if he was saying "what a petty trick" and sent spiritual energy throughout his body. Yet, this time, only after he released his energy did, he realize that he had been fooled. He sent the corpse that he carried on his back flying off as well!

Hua Ying laughed uncontrollably as he smacked the tombstone, while Lan Zhan caught the flaccid corpse with one hand and attacked with Bichen using the other. Seeing that what he had just dug out had been snatched away, that he couldn't even win solo against Lan Zhan, let alone the mischief of another person, he didn't dare to stay any longer. He hurled the Transportation Talisman on the ground. After a loud noise, blue flames surged up toward his sky. His figure disappeared into the fire.

Hua Ying knew that the gravedigger had a Transportation Talisman on him, which meant that, even if they caught him, he could find an opportunity to escape. The corpse that he dug out was already a clue, so he didn't have any regrets. He walked over to Lan Zhan.

You know I actually took that transportation talisman and made it so that even someone like Nie Huaisang could use, luckily, I gave the scroll to A-Sang otherwise we wouldn't have that clue, now let's see who he dug out. Said Hua Ying smiling as his wraith butterflies came out and gave them more than enough light.

As he glanced at it, he was somewhat surprised. The head of the corpse had already been split open. From within the cut, there wasn't any blood or brains leaking out, but wads of blackened cotton. Hua Ying easily jerked the corpse's head off. With the delicately crafted dummy head.

What is this supposed to mean? There's a fake corpse made of cotton and rags buried in the Chang Clan's cemetery. Huffed Hua Ying

Having had weighed the corpse in his hands when he took it, Lan Zhan knew what was wrong, 

not all of it is fake. He said as he cleared the fake arms and legs off the torso.

It looks like that the person who hid the corpse already noticed that we're investigating the issue and came to transfer the torso somewhere else in case we find it. To come early isn't as good as to come in time. We just happened to bump into him, but why was the mist-faced gravedigger so familiar with your sect's sword style? Asked Hua Ying

It was obvious that Lan Zhan was also thinking about this matter, the coldness on his face yet to fade.

His cultivation is quite high, enough to support the energy used for one Transportation Talisman. He casted spells on both his face and sword. It's understandable that he casted a spell on his face, after all, he wouldn't have wanted to be seen. But lesser-known cultivators wouldn't have needed to cast a spell on their sword to cover it, unless, of course, it was either somewhat or very famous in the cultivation world. He'd then have had to cover it, because if everyone could recognize his sword glare, his identity would be revealed as soon as his sword was revealed. Thought Hua Ying. 

Lan Zhan from your fight before, do you think that he's someone you know really well? Asked Hua Ying

No. Unfortunately I do not said Lan Zhan as he put the torso into another double-layered Qiankun Pouch and put it away properly.

Hua Ying sits in his lotus position and in the slight darkness he calmed the irritated spirit he gathered up the souls that were trapped and led them into Diyu on to a new life, a new life that was full not cut half as this was. Once done he got up and dusted himself off then he turned to see Lan Zhan stare at him.

What's wrong asked Hua Ying, did I miss a spot?

No but what did you just do? Asked Lan Zhan

Wait you saw that? Them? Asked Hua Ying