You walked past him, satisfied now that you saw Hawks' flustered face instead of the other way around.

But when you were already past him, you started to feel your face heating up again, remembering what you just said before you continued to walk upstairs, faster than usual so you'd have a reason why your heart is beating so damn fast.

The very next day, you woke up with Hawks still in bed beside you. When you opened your eyes you saw his chest and you felt the warmth from his wings wrap around you. You stayed like that for a few seconds, letting the warm feeling engulf you.

You had almost gone back to sleep until you started to feel Hawks moving and he slowly unwrapped his wings as he moved away carefully so as to not wake you up.

"Good morning," he whispered and a second later you felt his lips on your temple before you opened your eyes and when he looked back instead of looking surprised that you're awake, Hawks smiled.

"Were you always doing that every morning?"

"Every morning since we started to sleep together," he said. "Except now you're awake."

"You knew I was awake?"

"I know," he said, sitting up. "My wings are wrapped around you when you're sleeping, so I would know if you suddenly wake up in the middle of night, if you're feeling cold, if you're having a bad dream, if you're feeling uncomfortable."

"How?" you asked, sitting up as well.

"My feathers knew. They would send me signals."

You looked at his vermilion wings before you slowly lifted your hand but stopped. You looked at Hawks and saw him nod so you touched his feathers. They were soft and warm.

"I left you–"

"You left me a feather, didn't you?" you said almost the same time as Hawks did and you looked at him to see that he looked surprised.

"You remember?" he asked quickly.

"No, I..." you trailed off, looking down. "I had a red feather with me. I always wondered how I got it."

"I gave it to you," Hawks said, and you looked at him. "That night. I gave it to you and I told you to hold on to it until I return."

Suddenly you felt a deafening ring in your ears as if Hawks' voice is resonating in your head along with his voice from your memories and you let out a hiss as you lowered your head, putting your hands on your ears.

"Y/n," Hawks said in alarm. "Are you alright?"

You shook your head and let the ringing stop before you opened your eyes that you just realized were closed shut. But as you did, your head started to ache and you closed your eyes tightly again.

"I think..." you muttered. "I think you should..."

Leave was what you wanted to say. You think he should leave or your headache will get worse. Because every time you hear his voice, it would resonate in your head along with his voice in your memories and it's messing with your mind.

But before you could say he should leave, you stopped yourself and instead said, "I think I should stay in bed for a while until my headache subsides."

"Right," Hawks said, helping you lay down before he pulled the duvet up to you. "I'll get you some aspirin."

Hawks climbed down the bed and headed to the door, but before he could open it, you called him, making him stop abruptly.

"I'll drink the herbal tea you told me about before. You said it's better."

You opened your eyes and saw the smile on Hawks' lips before he nodded. "Alright," he said before opening the door and heading outside.

You looked at the ceiling and put your hand on your forehead, your fingers massaging your temple as you closed your eyes.

"Maybe I could ask him to massage my temple like this too," you muttered before lowering your hand to the side, hoping that your headache would subside quicker because you just remembered what today is.

"Today's the day Hawks is going to teach the twins how to fly."

Since today's their sixth birthday and you don't want to miss that because of a headache. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃