1.06 | video call

The next day at lunch time, Elodie was walking with a tray in hand to the picnic tables to eat lunch when she spotted Evie walking over to Doug

The next day at lunch time, Elodie was walking with a tray in hand to the picnic tables to eat lunch when she spotted Evie walking over to Doug. Wanting to see what was happening, she sat on the closest bench, eavesdropping.

Evie had a piece of paper — no doubt the science test she was panicking over that morning — in hand, placing it in front of Doug's face, grinning. "For the first time it's like I'm more than just a pretty face."

"A shocker, huh?" Doug asked, chuckling. The evil princess placed the paper down before sitting next to the boy. Deciding that the moment was too pure to eavesdrop in on, Elodie diverted her attention elsewhere.

It wasn't long before Mal stalked in, straight towards Evie. "There you are! I have been looking for you literally everywhere! Elodie, you come too!"

Sighing, the redhead stood up, walking at a much slower pace over to where the three teenagers were. "What's wrong?"

"Ben just asked me out on..." Mal paused, sighing, "Er, a date." Elodie giggled, though she knew this would be the girls first date ever and had every right to be worried.

"Don't worry, two girls who have been on plenty of dates are here to help!" She exclaimed, genuinely excited. Also buying Evie time to say her goodbyes to Doug.

"You're looking a little pale—" The evil princess commented, getting straight to it.

"Well, yeah, of course."

"—But, I can fix it with some gloss and some blush." Elodie chuckled, loving how much Mal was going to eventually love the process of getting dolled up — though that wouldn't last if the plan was still on.

⚔︎

Finally making their way to the dorm to after the afternoon classes, Elodie and Evie were in makeover mode, going crazy.

Elodie was tasked with shower and skincare prep, as well as nails and hair, and Evie took it upon herself to do the makeup and clothes, as per usual.

It took awhile, Mal and Elodie arguing over which products would make her glow the most and what to do with her hair, but they finally settled it, going with a down curled look, as well as a dewy base.

The steam from the bathroom was still pouring into the room as Evie was finishing up on the blush.

"Woah, easy on it. I don't want to scare him away, not that I could." Mal said, muttering the last part.

"Please, my mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes."

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister." Mal replied, opening her mouth so Evie could touch up her lipstick.

"Well, now you do. We're gonna need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mothers not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White." Evie said, rolling her eyes.