1.04 | planting the seed

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower, C, give it a bottle, or D, carve its heart out?" The Fairy Godmother asked

It was the VK's first official day of school, and Elodie figured out classes started at nine. Their first class of the day was remedial goodness 101, and to say the girl was bored was an understatement. It wasn't hard to know what any of the right answers were - hint, they were the most boring - but Jay had decided to 'joke' around and choose all of the incorrect answers, making the class go on longer than it needed to.

Mal was distracted drawing the wand and the fairy noticed she wasn't paying attention and called on her.

"Mal?" she asked.

"C, give it a bottle." The purple haired girl replied, with no hesitation.

"Correct, again." The Fairy Godmother said, smiling.

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos exclaimed.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun." Mal said, letting the piece of hair she was twirling come undone. Elodie stifled a laugh seeing the look on Fairy Godmothers face.

Evie, Jay, and Carlos all let out aw's not thinking of it before.

Suddenly, a girl with a very bad haircut wearing a baby blue dress walked in, squealing as she passed the villain kids.

"Hello, dear one." Fairy Godmother said, bending over so the girl and her were the same height.

"Hi." The girl whispered, "You need to sigh off on early dismissal for the coronation." She continued, handing the clipboard she was holding over.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" Fairy Godmother asked.

"Mom," Jane whined, "No!"

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone." She said, handing the clipboard she signed back over to her daughter.

"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me, as you were." She greeted before running back off again.

The Godmother cleared her throat, "Let's continue." She said, walking back up to the chalkboard. "You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the kings wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?"

Evie raised her hand, but since she giggled at the apple choice, Fairy Godmother called on Elodie instead.

"C, turn it over to the proper authorities." The redhead said.

Fairy Godmother clapped with her stick, "Well done! That concludes the class for today, I will see you all tomorrow!"

⚔︎

After Remedial Goodness 101, instead of skipping most of the classes like the other VK's did, Elodie actually went to them. The second period was Physical Exercise. Third was math, a subject highly hated by the girl. Fourth was science. Fifth was History of Woodsmen and Pirates. Sixth was reading, and seventh was Safety Rules for the internet.