Chapter 7 -Panic attack and the curse of an outcast-

Start from the beginning

   'What?...' My eyes were wide. 'Why would he kill Alices? Am I going to be killed too?!' It felt like it got harder to breathe, My ears were ringing and my eyes were getting blurry, tears poking at them, threatening to fall. I stood up out of my chair, taking a few steps back. My hands were on my head, entangled in my hair. I felt arms around me, it made me panic.  My face was pressed against soft fur. A clawed hand was in my hair, combining through it. Another hand on my back rubbing circles. "Calm down dear... The king will not harm you, I will make sure of that." The soft spoken words calmed me a bit.

   By the time I had almost fully calmed down, the sky was dark. The Hatter said I could stay here for the night so the rabbit didn't have to worry about losing me in the forest again. Dormouse left to go to her house as well, apparently it was a bit closer by than Pat's. The twins just walked into the forest after say bye, I wasn't sure if they had a house or if they just kinda lived in the forest. Cheshire had sat down on a couch inside, he was still holding me and playing with my hair. Every now and then he'd tell a joke, making me either laugh or giggle a bit.

   After a bit Bryan called us from the kitchen, saying he made some food. The food was great, so far out of all the things I've eaten this was my favorite! I helped the Hatter clean up afterwards. Cheshire took me to the spare room, giving me some clothes to change into after taking a shower. It took a full 15 minutes for me to figure it out. After drying off, putting the new clothes on I found that they were much more comfortable than what I was wearing before. 'I can see why Bryan wouldn't always wear that suit, this feels so much better!'

   A knocking on the door caught my attention, opening it someone new was standing there. "Um hi?..." The Man laughed a little at my confusion, I recognized his voice. "Cheshire?" He nodded, that wide grin on his face. "How are you...?" He put a hand up, I stopped talking. "It's just something I have the ability to do. Now, get me your other clothes, I'm going to put them in the wash." I nodded and went to grab them, after giving them to him he ruffled my hair a bit and told me to get some sleep. I closed the door and flopped on the bed, covering myself in the blanket and closing my eyes.

-Three hours later-

-Third P.O.V.-

   The Hatter was in the kitchen, grabbing a snack, when he heard footsteps. Turning around he was greeted by a tired Steve. "Oh, did I wake you? I'm terribly sorry." The Alice shook his head. "No...I've been up for a bit..." "Can't fall asleep?" He got a quiet no in response. A soft smile rose of the Hatter's face. "Tell you what, ask me any question about myself and I'll tell you a story about it. Maybe that'll help you fall asleep." That seemed to perk the red eyed males attention. He thought on it a bit, but he decided on asking something that had been bugging him since Cheshire told him more about Hatter. "Why were you outcasted?..."

   The question surprised Bryan, but then he laughed a bit. "Oh boy, that's a long one... I'm assuming Cheshire mentioned that to you?" He got a nod in response. He sighed, thinking a bit. "Alright, I did say any question, so I'll give you your story. But first we should sit on the couch." Once on said couch, with a few small snacks for the story, the Hatter began telling the tale of his outcast. "Let's see... I believe it was 16 years ago now..."

————————————
       -16 years ago-
————————————

   There was a young 19 year old, his name was Bryan, but some called him the Hatter for his skill in making hats as well as the odd hat he always wore. He was close friends with one of the prince's bodyguards. This bodyguard was about the same age as him, his name was Glitch. The two had known each other for a long while. Neither of them knew that soon one of their lives would change forever, and not in a good way...