Chapter 41: Horror Variety (6)

Mulai dari awal

[Your hiding range is within this villa.]

[No need to try opening the window. Every window in this villa was specially reinforced and it cannot be opened from the inside.]

[You cannot escape from here.]

"Whose ghost are you? Are you the dead Zhou Luo Chen?"

Cheng Zhi Chu's voice contained anger. He weakly got up from the bed and moved to the door. He twisted the knob, but it was firmly locked. It looks like he can't escape from the main entrance.

After the bloody words faded, it fell silent for a while and it didn't answer his question. It just wrote: 

[The game starts now.]

Damn. This ghost is most likely Zhou Luo Chen. Saying things like being happy to see him again and even playing such a perverted fame with him, it was only something this beast would do!

Cheng Zhi Chu cursed at him internally. Seeing that he couldn't open the door, he scanned around the room hoping to find another exit.

There were no windows here, and the sound of the doorbell came from above. He guessed that this place was probably the basement.

After looking around, Cheng Zhi Chu saw a ventilation duct above. It was just the right size to accommodate a child.

But in his current body, he couldn't reach the vents. He picked up the small pair of scissors that Zhou Luo Chen had used and placed it into his pocket before moving a chair and iron bucket over. He poured out the water from the bucket and placed it upside down onto the chair. He then moved all the books that he could find and placed them on top of the bucket. He carefully climbed up, stood onto the books and just managed to reach the edge of the vent while he tiptoed.

The ventilation duct had a wire mesh cover, but it had already aged. Cheng Zhi Chu used the small pair of scissors to pry away at the edges and soon, the mesh was removed. He threw away the mesh and managed to climb into the duct with much effort.

Because he didn't know when Zhou Luo Chen would be back, Cheng Zhi Chu was very nervous when he did these things and his actions were fast. It hasn't been long and he was already tired and sweaty.

He climbed along the vent for a while. When he confirmed that Zhou Luo Chen couldn't get into this vent and probably couldn't catch him, he stopped to take a breather and then began to assess the environment around him.

The ventilation ducts were not very clean. Only after climbing through it for a while, he could feel that his entire body was covered in dust but overall it was still cleaner than what he had expected. He is also currently trying to run away so he didn't have time to think about these things.

The inside of the vents was a little wider than its entrance and exit, and it also split into different paths. At every fork, there would be a faint light. It seems like many of the rooms have the vents. It helped illuminate the interior of the vents a little and he could start making things out.

He didn't know how the villa's ventilation ducts were designed. Was Zhou Luo Chen not worried about the stench of the corpses being spread around the villa in turn exposing his psychopath tendencies?

However, when he passed through those openings, Cheng Zhi Zhu would always smell the strong aroma of flowers. When he peeked through mesh covers, he saw that there were lots of fresh flowers displayed in Zhou Luo Chen's rooms.

Their scent covered the body's odor, and even merged together to form a strange smell that wasn't aromatic nor smelly.

In addition to the fact that the smell was spread through the entire villa and was very faint, when combined with the smell of paint, no one would even think that there would be so many children's decaying bodies in the basement.