Ch. 3 My New Life

Start from the beginning

"Leave him alone already" I said, snatching Raf's glasses away from Vince.

"Halo, why must you always spoil my fun?" He said. I shook my head and sighed. I sometimes wonder how I ended up being friends with him. I always tell myself that the only reason I we became close was because we were both on the team.

"I don't care, just get to class already, or you'll be late and get in trouble" I remarked. He gave me a simple eye-roll before walking away. I turned around to face Raf and smiled.

"I apologize for that. Raf, correct?" I questioned as I gave his glasses back. He put his glasses back on while nodding.

"I gotta go to class now. See you around" I said, walking away.

*TIME SKIP*

I hurriedly left my 7th-period class as soon as the bell rang. I was about to head home until I heard my name being called from behind.

"Halo! Halo, would you like to go hang out with us?" someone asked from behind. I looked back and saw Billy, a classmate who was also on the team.

"Me, you, and who else?" I asked, stopping on my track.

"Me, you, and of course Vince" Billy answered, "Yeah, we were thinking about visiting the arcade, and planned to get a couple of hamburgers afterward." I thought about it and I could use the hang out to eat and go home afterwards. I nodded. In any case, NightWave wasn't picking me up.

Billy and I moved in the direction of where Vince was waiting for us. I came to a complete stop when I saw Jack, a student from my science class, go by me and start chatting with Miko and Raf. I shook my head as I saw Jack board his brand-new motorbike and Miko and Raf board two familiar automobiles. I watched all three of them drive off in the same direction.

I rolled my eyes since it was no longer a mystery where those three went every day in their ridiculous brand-new vehicles after school. I still remember the moment I discovered that Jack, Raf, and Miko were working with Team Prime, also known as the Autobots. It all happened so fast. I had accidentally watched a fight between two Autobots and two vehicon from a distance.

NightWave arrived just as I was going to head back home. I worried at first that NightWave was going to make us move away because of the newfound information but instead just cautioned me to be careful around Jack, Miko, and Raf because we weren't certain whether they were really with Autobots or not.

"Hello, man. What's going on?" I questioned Vince when I noticed his distanced expression. Billy hurriedly jumped into the rear seat like the monkey he was while I sat in the passenger seat.

"Nothing. Let's go ahead "Vince replied back as he quickly started his car and sped away.

"Hey, I saw your Mother drop you at school. Do you mind asking whether she's available tomorrow??" Billy asked grinning.

"Back off, man, seriously, stop trying to date my Mother already"I said in disgust and let out a loud sigh. Billy's affection for NightWave is not at all surprising to me considering how many of my school's friends and classmates openly admitted to having a major crush on her. The way certain guys at school talk about her behind her back disgusts me.

"I can't help it, man. I mean, have you seen your Mother? I've never met a young, attractive, intelligent, and unmarried woman in my entire life as her" Billy added. I slapped him on the head.

"Ouch! Halo, that hurt" Billy said with his cheeks puff out. I heard Vince only chuckle at Billy's childish antics.

NightWave POV

It has been exactly ten years since I chose to adopt Halo, a human child, making it one of the few biggest choices I have ever made in my whole life. It wasn't as horrible as I anticipated. Halo was already capable of taking care of himself, so I didn't have to worry about him too much. I merely needed to make money, keep him out of trouble, and assist with his education.