19: missing you

It's been one year since the murders that took place at Hotel OJ.

Yang and Yin were split permanently due to Test Tube's death, OJ gave them both their own room together. OJ recovered from his injury but he had walking issues. The whole incident scarred the hotel and the victim's families, Paintbrush was blacklisted from the hotel due to their murders. Paintbrush was in prison, locked away for good.

Yang woke up, he turned in bed, and rubbed his eyes. Morning light blinded him. Yang rose from his bed, he weakly looked around the quiet room. Yang hated getting up. He dropped his head back down onto his pillow and blankly stared at the ceiling. Yang relaxed his eyelids and started to space out until he heard a door open.

"Yang? Are you awake?" Yin softly spoke, the white-haired boy walked in with a tray of food and closed the door behind him.

Yang grumbled, "Yes." he sourly muttered, closing his eyes. Yang gripped the blanket over him.

Yin approached Yang with the food tray. "I made you something." Yin handed the food over to Yang. Yang looked up at Yin and at the food.

"I'm not hungry." Yang expressed, and Yin looked worriedly at Yang.

"Yang, you need to eat. I'm becoming concerned." Yin spoke. He set the tray aside on a table. Yang growled and turned away from Yin. "What's wrong?" Yin sat down beside Yang.

Yang missed Paintbrush. He started to tear up at the thought of them. He couldn't deny he was still in love with a murderer, but Yang saw past that. Paintbrush wasn't a bad person at heart, they just were mentally unwell at the time, stress and pressure are what caused them to snap onto others. It hurt Yang because everyone just saw the artist as some kind of monster without understanding what they went through to get to that point.

"I miss them." Yang croaked out, the room shortly fell silent. "I just want to see them again." Yang added.

Yin relaxed his eyelids, staring sorrowfully at Yang. "Yang, you need to let go." Yin responded.

Yang shot up. "I can't Yin!" He shouted, causing Yin to jump back a bit. "You don't understand Yin!" he added.

Yin's expression turned into an agitated one. "Paintbrush killed our friends, why is that so hard to grasp for you?!" Yin responded in a stern tone.

Yang furrowed his eyebrows, "They're not a monster!" Yang yelled. He hit his bed out of rage. Yang gripped his blanket and cried softly.

Yin's expression turned sour, "It's like you don't care about the victims and their loved ones." Yin hissed.

Yang became pissed, his fists clenched. Yang raised his fists at Yin as if he was about to throw a punch.

"You don't care about Paintbrush's well-being!" Yang shouted at Yin, "Even after we comforted them after their dad died!" Yang's words stabbed Yin like a knife. Yin was speechless, nothing escaped his mouth. "They were the only person that actually loved me..." Yang muttered, curling up trying to hide his tears. "I wish I helped them more so the murders wouldn't have happened." Yang blamed himself.

Yin's expression changed, he felt bad. Yang got up and threw on a shirt and hoodie, threw the hood over his head, and searched through his drawers.

"What are you doing?" Yin asked, raising an eyebrow.

Yang grabbed a set of keys. "I'm going to see them one way or another." Yang responded.

Yin's eyes widened. "What!? Yang no!" Yin said worrisomely. Yang ignored his counterpart and ran out the door outside the hotel. Yin ran after him only to stop in front of the front doors and see Yang take off in his car.

Yin nervously gulped.

Yang gripped the steering wheel and drove off away from the hotel

Yang gripped the steering wheel and drove off away from the hotel. Yang turned on the radio to something to calm his nerves. Yang looked at the sky. It was cloudy and rainy just like that fateful day. Yang's head flooded with memories. Yang watched the rain fall onto his window and get swept away by the windshield wipers. Yang finally took a turn somewhere.

He arrived.

Yang parked his car and jumped out, he ran towards the building.