17: caught me!

OJ heard a ring from his phone and shot up. He pulled it out to see Paper calling him.

"Hold on, it's Paper." OJ picked up the call and pressed it against his ear.

"OJ!" Paper cried out, causing OJ to flinch slightly. "Marshmallow is worried and thinks Apple has gone missing too!" Paper worriedly exclaimed. Paper was the worried type, so it would seem that he was so concerned over something that could be fine but you were never sure about it.

OJ tried to console Paper. "Paper, I'm sure it's fine, just wait for me okay?" he spoke.

Paper mumbled, "Ok but please get over here quick..." He softly begged.

"I'll try to Paper, please calm down if you have to." OJ consoled Paper. He looked up to see the group looking down on OJ in confusion.

"Okay OJ, bye OJ. I need to calm Marshmallow down now..." Paper gave his goodbye.

OJ said goodbye before hanging up. "Shit, Paper thinks Apple's missing now." OJ hissed worrisomely.

Knife grunted. "They're dropping like flies!" he uttered. Knife felt a sprinkle hit his nose, "Looks like it's about to rain so we might as well run to the hotel before we get soggy." His gruff voice spoke.

The group stopped and turned around as they heard a rumble approaching from behind them, they saw a light getting closer and closer. "Hide! Don't make a sound." Trophy commanded, and the group got up and ran behind trees and bushes to take cover. Knife peeked behind a bush to see a familiar car approach.

Paintbrush's truck.

Knife watched in shock as the vehicle stopped in front of the scene, he observed Paintbrush get out and walk to the back of their truck.

There he saw the artist pull out Apple's body from their trunk. The murderer all along was Paintbrush. Knife connected the faint dots in his head, realizing that it was Paintbrush who was responsible for the missing people. Paintbrush did act strange from everyone else.

Paintbrush dragged Apple's body. They accidentally got her blood on her chest. Paintbrush cussed. The artist dropped Apple onto the dirt. Paintbrush kicked the side of Apple's face gently to make sure she wasn't alive. Apple was dead.

Knife watched in shock, why did Paintbrush go mad and kill their friends?

Suddenly a voice called out, "Don't move." Trophy pulled out a gun and warned Paintbrush as he emerged from the shrubs. Paintbrush whipped their head around to see Trophy with a gun, they stared at the blonde in shock. "Put your hands up." Trophy commanded, getting closer to the artist. Paintbrush raised their arms slowly up in the hair.

It was game over for the artist. "Alright, you got me." Paintbrush confessed, they relaxed their eyelids and gave Trophy an unsettling smile. Paintbrush sweated bullets, they were shaking as well.

 Paintbrush sweated bullets, they were shaking as well

Trophy's grip shook a bit. "Good, now knees down." He commanded the artist. Paintbrush stared at the cop, slowly putting their body down.

Paintbrush quickly jumped at Trophy's knees, causing Trophy to hit the ground and drop his gun, the weapon shot and missed the artist who tackled him.

An ear-piercing scream was heard.

OJ was shot in the knee by accident. Blood sprinkled out of his knee and dripped down like a river. He gripped his knee in pain and hissed. OJ silently cried. Nickel ran to OJ, trying to tend to OJ's injury.

Paintbrush fought Trophy, they rolled around in the dirt and threw punches at each other. The artist dragged Trophy away from his weapon. Paintbrush got off of the jock and grabbed the pistol, taking the gun away from Trophy's grasp.

"You want to fucking live?! Get the fuck away from me!" Paintbrush screamed as they pointed the pistol towards the jock on the ground. Trophy quickly stood up.

"Trophy no!" Knife yelled, trying to warn Trophy. Paintbrush flinched. Trophy screamed,

"Motherfucker!--"

*BANG*!

It was too late.

Paintbrush shot Trophy in his temple, causing him to die instantly. Trophy's body fell over, hitting the dirt roughly. Blood pooled everywhere around his head.

Knife's ears rang, the noise and horrific sight was enough to put him into shock. OJ tried to stay quiet, keeping his cries in. Nickel whipped his head around to the loud noise.

Paintbrush wiped their face, it had a light sprinkle of Trophy's blood. The artist didn't have much time, they knew they were fucked if they didn't get away quickly. Paintbrush ran and hopped in their truck, resting the pistol on the passenger seat and drove off.

Not long after OJ started sobbing in pain. Nickel tried his best to console OJ. Nickel didn't have his phone on him, he asked OJ for his to call 911.

Knife emerged from the bushes, slowly walking over to Trophy's body. Knife didn't know what to say, his ears felt overstimulated and rang. The sight was traumatic for him.

Knife needed to stop this nightmare.

Knife ran to OJ and Nickel, who was already calling an operator. "I'm going to get Paintbrush even if they kill me, stay here and wait for help." Knife urgently spoke. "Take care of OJ." Knife muttered.

OJ and Nickel looked at each other, "Knife but you don't know what Paintbrush is capable of!" Nickel exclaimed, "They have a gun!" he explained.

"No, let him go." OJ muttered, weakly lifting his head, "Our friends' lives are at stake." OJ cried. Nickel bit his lip nervously and looked back at Knife.

"If I don't come back alive," Knife paused, "...Tell Pickle that I love the guy." He continued. Knife got up, and searched Trophy's pockets, he pulled out a taser. Knife stuffed it in his pocket and ran away after the murderer.

Nickel sighed, "It's okay OJ, I'm hoping he'll get that monster."

OJ groaned in pain in response.