Let me be there for you

Start from the beginning

Slowly Beatrix began to slide the dress down Stella's shoulders and then down her body, still fully supporting her weight, until it pooled on the ground and she helped Stella step out of it. Then she sat her down on the lid of the toilet, picked up the dress from the ground and placed it on the edge of the bathtub.

Then she turned around and walked back towards the light fairy. She stopped in her track for a millisecond as her eyes fell on the girl in front of her. There sat the Princess of Solaria in only her underwear. She hadn't worn a bra underneath the dress and Beatrix's breath hitched a little at the Princesses beauty. Then she shook her head. This had gotten extremely intimate extremely fast, but this was about helping Stella, nothing else.

She continued her way towards the blonde, pulled a washcloth out of the cabinet under the sink and held it under warm water. Then she kneeled down behind Stella, carefully placed one hand on her side and gently began to scrub away the blood all over Stella's back. As she got closer to the gem and began scrubbing away the blood right around it Stella hissed in pain.

"Sorry." Beatrix apologized right away but kept going. Another hiss. Beatrix gritted her teeth. She couldn't stand the thought of hurting Stella. She let her hand sink and hugged the blonde close from behind. "Sorry." She whispered in her ear and she felt the blonde relax. "Sorry." She whispered again.

Then in a rush of confidence she placed a kiss on the side of Stella's neck. The blondes breath hitched in surprise but she relaxed further in Beatrix's arms. The younger girl saw this as a sign to keep going. She placed another kiss on her right shoulder, then her left shoulder blade and then right next to the gem, whispering more "Sorry's" between each kiss.

Then she picked up the washcloth again and started to scrub at the rest of the blood, while keeping Stella in a one armed hug and continuing to graze her skin with gentle kisses. They stayed in that hug for a little while, even after Stella's back has been entirely cleaned, just enjoying the moment.

After some time Beatrix noticed the goosebumps forming on Stella's skin. "I'll be right back." She said standing up to get a shirt. "No, don't leave." Stella's voice was scratchy from all the crying and Beatrix felt her heart crack a little once more at the vulnerability in that sentence.

"I'll just be a few seconds, to get you a shirt. You're freezing." Beatrix argued. "Please." Stella whispered. She hesitated for a moment. "Alright." She said and got up to rinse out the washcloth as quickly as possible. She felt Stella's eyes on her while doing so and looked back at her. The Princess was watching her with some kind of curiosity and a mix of pain and tiredness. Beatrix' expression softened and she smiles reassuringly at Stella.

Suddenly Stella's eyes widen. "You've got blood on your dress." She said. Beatrix looked down and realized that Stella was right. The front of her dress was covered in Stella's blood. Light sniffles made her look up again. Tears were already falling down Stella's cheeks again.

"I'm sorry." She said. "For what?" Beatrix asked confused. "For ruining your dress. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... I..." Stella's voice breaks. She realized that Stella was getting hysterical again.

"No, no Stella, it's fine."

"No, it's not. I'm sorry." Stella said.

Beatrix let the washcloth fall into the sink and rushed over to Stella, kneeling down between her legs. "Stella, Stella look at me." She demanded. Stella complied. "It's fine. I don't care if there's blood on my dress. It doesn't matter okay? Not as long as you're not okay. Do you understand me?" Beatrix said softly. Stella nodded, still sniffling.

Carefully Beatrix pulled Stella's head down towards her and brushed away the tears with her thumbs. "I don't care about the dress. The only thing that matters is you." She whispered and rested her forehead against Stella's. She feels her nod and they stay like that for some seconds before Beatrix got up and pulled Stella with her out of the room, back to the Princesses bedroom.

She let Stella sit down on her bed and pulled a pyjama out of Stella's closet. She tossed it towards her and watched as Stella pulled on the shirt before asking if she could borrow some clothes. "Sure." Was the reply. So she pulled out one of Stella's comfy sweatpants and a t-shirt. Then she proceeded to take off her dress, with her back turned towards Stella.

She felt Stella's stare bore into her back but she didn't look at her. Just when she had pulled on the sweatpants she heard Stella get up. With the shirt still in her hands she froze until she felt Stella's arms wrap around her stomach from behind. At least she had a bra on but it still felt almost the same amount of intimate as the hug before.

"Thank you... For being here for me." Stella whispered against her neck, sending a shiver down Beatrix's spine. "No problem" She managed to choke out. Goosebumps had risen all over her skin. Stella pressed a light kiss to her neck before letting her go and walking back towards her bed and getting comfy under the covers.

Beatrix took a second to get her breathing unter control again before she pulled on the shirt and followed her. They laid next to each other for a few minutes staring at the ceiling before Beatrix heard Stella roll over and feelt her arm across her stomach. She thought for a few seconds and decided that they had rushed past every friendly boundary today and pulled the light fairy closer, so that they're flush together. She felt Stella bury her nose in the crook of her neck and their legs tangle together. Beatrix smiled and tightened her grip on Stella. And just like that, they fell asleep.