21: Wild Assumptions and laser tag gone wrong

ابدأ من البداية

Chase slightly flattered his pace but carried on soon after. He pulled out a chair for me and himself. He sat on the chair facing me.

"They deliberately forgot about me." Chase breathed out.

"Holy shit. That's so fucked up."

I know they pick on Chase but forgetting about him? That's on a whole level of messed up. Honestly, I've always pitied him. He's has to constantly put up with his siblings and now even his parents. Talk about trauma.

"Yeah. Tell me about it." Chase scoffed. He played with the hem of his shirt.

"Hey. Since they excluded you... how about we have today to ourselves." I offered. Chase stopped and looked up at me. There was a small smile growing on his lips.

"I'd like that." He answered. "Besides it'd be good to hang out with you again." Chase added, standing up from his seat.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, that's actually what I wanted to talk about." Chase said, he crossed his arms and leaned against the panel. "I know why you hang out with Marcus so much."

I felt my hands start to get clammy. I tried to remain calm not wanting to confirm his suspicions. I said nothing waiting for him to further explain.

"You like him."

"...I'm sorry. What?"

Chase snickered, "Yeah. You like him, don't you? Isn't that why you're always with him?"

I'm not sure how to respond to something like that. Does it really appear like to have a crush on him? I shook my head letting out a breathy laugh.

"No, it's not. I don't like M-Marcus." I said, but I just had to stutter.

He smirked and gave me a look. I scratched the back of my neck and looked away.

I cleared my throat, "I mean, I guess I do find him attractive. But it's not like that. We're just... close friends."

"Yeah. Okay. Sure." Chase teased. I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped his chest.

"Be honest with me. Do you like him?" Chase ask sincerely.

I swear I heard a hint of worry but I could be imagining that part. The question was more difficult to answer than I thought. What if I said no and he continues to look for a reason and ends up finding out the truth? What if I say yes and— well I don't know what would happen if I say yes, but it could go wrong, right?

"Maybe. I don't know. I never really thought about my feelings for him. Besides, we've only known each other for little a while." I explained.

"So." Chase shrugged. "People tend to fall in love rather quickly."

"Love?" I muttered. Having a crush is way different than loving someone. Sure, I love Marcus as a friend. I care for him like any friend would. "Anyways, uh, what would you like to do?"

Chase thought for a moment before going to the left side of the lab. I tilted my head watching him rummage through the cabinets. After a while he pulled out a box smiling widely.