Chapter Forty Four

Start from the beginning

"Don't test me Anakin." Obi-Wan challenged through his stare. "Oh you're starting to want to want to make me." Anakin stood up straighter and tightened his lips.

"That's enough!" Oriel yelled and yanked both her arms free and she got a few stares from the passing Jedi's.

"Both of you are just as bad as each other! What happened to the little boy I met on Tatooine, and the handsome young man who wouldn't let me leave the ship that very same day?" She almost sobbed thinking about how long ago those times really were.

"Now you're both just . . . just . . ." Oriel tried to think of something to say but it was like her throat got blocked. The way the two were acting towards each other made her sick, how they used to be brothers and now they were acting like enemies.

It truly made her sick.

Really sick.

Oriel soon realised that her throat was not blocked from loss of words, but the mushed up porridge that had been sitting in her stomach since breakfast.

"General?" Rooster asked concerningly at the odd expression on her face that had just lost all of its colour.

"Oriel?" Obi-Wan and Anakin asked at the same time, sharing their concerns with the Captain.

Oriel didn't respond but just desperately looked around for somewhere to dump her guts, other than her husbands boot.

Her eyes caught a plant pot on the wall behind her and it seemed like the best option so she hurried over there and squeezed her eyes shut as she felt the thick, disgusted-tasting liquid spew out her mouth until there was none left.

"Oh my maker! Are you alright love?" Obi-Wan gasped in a panic and knelt down by her side to try his best to help her.

"Don't worry, its normal. Padme's been going through the same thing." Anakin said coming to her side as well, rubbing his hand up and down her spine, soothing her twisted stomach.

"The same thing? What do you mean the same thing?" Obi-Wan perked up again, starting to connect the dots.

"Now? Really Obi-Wan? Just give me a second, please." Oriel sighed rubbing her forehead that filled with nasty words towards Obi-Wan and he couldn't help but feel slight jealousy towards Anakin as his wife leaned towards him for comfort instead of him.

"Master Dune, is everything alright?" The voice of Master Windu interrupted them and the three looked up to see lots more stares than when they were yelling.

"Alright, Master Dune is not. Escort her to her quarters, Master Kenobi will, and a word with young Skywalker, I will have." Master Yoda said from Windu's feet.

"Of course." Obi-Wan said wrapping one arm around Oriel's waist to help her to her feet and started to make their way to her quarters.

"General, will you be okay?" Rooster asked before they could leave and he wasn't just asking about her sudden sickness.

"I will be." Oriel nodded and Obi-Wan started to guide her away again. "Oh and Captain, would you be a gentleman and clean up the mess." She smiled sheepishly.

"But General. I'm not really quali-" He started to protest. "That's an order, Captain." Oriel kept her smile and motioned she was ready to leave to Obi-Wan who nodded in response, leaving Rooster with the mess.

❆ ❆ ❆

"We need to talk." Obi-Wan said calmly, leaning on the doorframe to Oriel's bathroom, looking at her through the mirror as she finished putting on a new pair of robes.

"Really? About what?" She asked innocently, fixing her hair in the mirror.

"I think you know." He walked up behind Oriel and place both of his hands on her shoulders, stopping her from distracting herself.