Chapter 07

Chapter 7 Lightning and Thunder

Today is Saturday, and the weather that was clear in the afternoon suddenly became cloudy at night.

After a while, the pouring rain fell from the sky, hitting the ground quickly and making a loud 'swishing' sound.

Ning Xuechu was wearing a thin sweater, stood in front of the window, reached out to lift a gap, and stared blankly at the increasingly violent rain outside the window.

Suddenly, a high-end luxury car came into view, and a woman with outstanding temperament got off the car.

The servant who had been waiting on the side immediately greeted her with an umbrella. No matter how heavy the rain was in the sky, the woman did not get wet at all.

A trace of resentment and jealousy appeared in Ning Xuechu's dark eyes.

On rainy days, no one held an umbrella for her, and she didn't even have a complete umbrella, so she could only cover her head with leaves and run quickly in the rain.

Sometimes my aunt was in a bad mood and would shut her out on rainy nights.

She could only hug her body and curl up under the eaves, enduring the cold erosion.

When she was lonely and helpless, this woman was being served by others, enjoying everything that belonged to her.

Ning Xuechu gritted her teeth and clenched the curtains tightly with her fingers, the resentment in her heart was getting heavier and heavier.

When the woman's gaze came over, she let go of her hand subconsciously and hid sideways behind the curtain.

Ning Xuechu's heartbeat accelerated inexplicably. After waiting for two minutes, there was a knock on the door.

She hurried to the bed, ruffled her hair quickly with her hands, and wrapped herself in the quilt.

"Xuechu, it's me, I'm coming in." An Jianqing opened the door after speaking.

She glanced at the room, strode to the side of the bed, and saw the bulging piece on the bed kept shaking, and she felt distressed.

Originally, she was working overtime in the company, and when she heard the servant at home said that the child hadn't gone out for a day and didn't eat dinner, she couldn't help rushing back home worried.

Seeing this scene, her worries were confirmed, and she said softly, "Xuechu, sister is here, don't be afraid."

As soon as the voice fell, a dazzling lightning flashed outside the window, and the sound of 'Boom' seemed to cut through the sky.

Hearing this voice, the person under the quilt trembled even more and fell lower.

Seeing this, An Jianqing felt even more distressed. She sat on the edge of the bed, pinched the corner of the quilt with both hands, and coaxed in a soft voice, "Xuechu, don't be afraid, my sister is here."

"Sister..." A faint cry came from the quilt, like a helpless little animal.

"It's me." An Jianqing replied immediately, waiting patiently.

After a while, a pair of dark eyes poked out from the quilt. They were wet and looked like they had been abandoned. It was extremely pitiful.

"Sister, I'm afraid..." Ning Xuechu pursed her lips and hid under the quilt after speaking, her body shaking like a sieve.

There was another loud sound of lightning outside.

An Jianqing was taken aback by surprise.

The rain tonight was ferocious, accompanied by lightning and thunder, which was indeed scary.