//Piano Man//Songfic//Wels & Hels//Backstory?//

Start from the beginning

"La, la-la, di-di-da~

La-la di-di-da da-dum"

"Sing us a song, you're the piano man! Sing us a song tonight!

Well, we're all in the mood for a melody...

And you've got us feelin' alright!"

Harper continued to play the harmonica for a little longer, until she was told to stop. That was all they had so far.

Wels got startled a little by hearing the small applause given by Xisuma. His face went red as X teased him. Wels' face went pink with blush, as that happened when he was given praise by his close friends. They didn't pay attention to the two little ones that had run into the living room to play a game of sorts.

2012

Wels was back to the piano. He had never given up on his little song, even though... Well...

He thought of Xisuma. He and his brother would visit him sometimes, despite the creation of the server titled 'Hermitcraft'. He wasn't sure it would go far, but he may join. Most times, he'd babysit Xaythem for X while he'd do his videos.

The comfort was well needed since the passing of his sister, Harper. Six years old. Six. Years. Old. She had been murdered. That's almost all he could think of now. How he could of been there.

He sat on the piano seat, Xay in his lap, with Harpers old harmonica. He wanted to  learn it after a while, and Wels knew that it would have been rude to say no to him. He needed to get his sister out of his head anyway.

"Now John at the bar is a friend of mine. He gets me my drinks for free

And he's quick with a joke, or to light up your smoke.

But there's some place that he'd rather be..."

Wels sang. He sang harder and harder. He wanted to cry. He wanted to cry so hard. The song remined him so much of Harper. Xay didn't help. He was just like her.

"He says, 'Wels (Bill) , I believe this is killing me!', as a smile ran away from his face.

'Well, I'm sure that I could be a movie star, if I could get out of this place...'"

"Oh, la, la-la, di-di-da~

La-la di-di-da da-dum"

He paused for a bit. Tears fell down his cheeks, warm and wet and salty. He sobbed as a feeling as if he was being stabbed engulfed his throat. He barely felt Xay's little hands tug his jacket. Oh, how he missed her.

2020

Wels paced. His life- thankfully- had gotton a whole lot better since he joined Hermitcraft. He missed them. That's right, them. A while back, Xaythem- or Evil Xisuma- had tried to destroy Hermitcraft. How would a ten-year-old manage that? Why would he want that? Xisuma suspects that he was being controlled or something. Ex had put on Xisumas helmet in an attempt to ban him, but it went wrong. It caused Ex to be banned instead. He's dead now. He must've died to the void. Judging on how X has acted after that, he didn't take it very well.

"Now Paul is a real estate novelist, who never had time for a wife.

And he's talkin' with Davy, who's still in the navy, and probably will be for life..."

Wels thought of that song. He promised himself he'd keep working on it, despite his grief.

"And the waitress is practicing politics, as the businessmen slowly get stoned.