Chapter Twent-eight: The System [3]

Start from the beginning

He needed to be extra cautious starting now, whoever were trying to corrupt his system is quite bright, for not only were they able to get rid of their traces but also found a way to get in unnoticed by Agapius.

'...or they're already in here disguised as a character?'

Meanwhile, Luna who was catching her breath after running all the way to the back of the school facility. As she tries to realx and got her composure there she only realized that she was now in front of the peculiar garden.

Wandering her eye around before proceeding towrad the small gate which oddly have a stone on top. Moving the stone away Luna entered the slovenly garden. Weeds literally growing till a knee length.

As Luna continued to sway the itchy weeds, she soon saw a tree shading a wide well trimmed area which was being shaded by its branches. It was quite fascinating.

Luna proceed to the shaded part of the garden, but suddenly she somehow stepped onto something that made her jump.

"Ouch!"

A raspy voice suddenly cried in pain. This made Luna to glance down to her front, her eyes widen to see a man lying there with an open book on his face.

But somehow, his voice was familiar.

Luna soon noticed the man's hair color, and immediately realized who he was, which made her to be more in shock.

"E... Ezryn?!"

The man soon sat up as he then halt, catching the book which had fallen from his face. Ezryn then met eyes with Luna, speechless the same as with the maiden. Their eyes was in deep questions as they stare at one another.

***

Agapius was currently checking his system, still inside Luna's room together with Aella who was already back to her fox form while he stayed human still.

Multiple blue transparent screen was in front of him as he tap on them  one after another. Agapius then swipe the screen which contained the profiles of the male characters of the game world. Studying them, as questions pop up to his head.

"I still wonder why dizian became bothered by these selection, are they not handsome enough for him?" He suddenly muttered.

"Do you hear yourself? You expect him to catch feelings for these men? Really Agapius?"

"Will you shut up? Did I even ask for your opinion? Tsk."

"I'm just saying you...you cat beast!"

"...really? Forget being holy, Just swear. That's alot better to hear."

There was long pause of silence as they stare at one another before Agapius continued what he was doing.

Everything seems to be in perfect place, but this tingly feeling he has is really unusual. He know and sense that something's out of ordinary within this world. But couldn't get his mind into it.

For some reason, he felt like he knew this feeling before... a long, long time ago.

...Like a sense of deja vu.

***

"Boss, it seems like one of ours is on the move. Should we stop hi—"

"No."

A raspy gravelly voice replied cutting the man off who spoke.

"Let him do what he wants."

The man frowned, "But boss, This isn't part of your plan. We need to stop him!"

Kaboom!

A red lighting hit the man's side, cracking the floor. The man lost his balance, shivering from the shock, assumed that it will hit him.

"I said...let him do what he wants, besides, this is more intriguing than what I initially plan. Let's hope he can continue with this exciting act of his." The man demanded, smirking as he looked at a mirror with a video being projected on it.

"But before that,"

Click

The man snapped his fingers a sign ordering his minion to give him something. A document. "We should probably let this guy be part of this exciting act, immediately."

"Y...yes, understood."

With that, the man below vanished leaving a dark smoke. While the man above sitting on a throne like chair, just smiled as he looked at the contrasting view outside the window then to the circular mirror hanging on the wall beside him. A lacrima to be exact.

The lacrima showed a certain purple haired girl with a golden dot of lights beside her. His smirk grew even wider, as he find what he see amusing.

"Shall we see who will win this round, Agapius."