Prologue

Just keep running. Don't care where you're running to or how long it takes, just keep running.

Heavy thoughts and clouds of doubt filled his brain. Crimson red blood was staining the dirty oversized white t-shirt and black gym shorts that he wore. Barely having any time to prepare for this sudden move, he had to leave with whatever he had on him. Stumbling down the road, he ignored the tears rolling down his face, obscuring his vision. His breath shook in the nearly sub zero climate, little clouds of mist escaping his gasps for air. His long dark brown hair with golden amber tips fluttered behind him, the tight ponytail beginning to come undone. Brushing his bangs that were sticking to his forehead due to sweat aside, his dark orange and gold eyes had tears flowing down to the side of his cheeks. His breath hitched and he knew he couldn't continue for much longer.

What if he finds out? What will happen to them?

Fear invaded his mind at the many possible scenarios that could lead to thousands of outcomes, each more dreadful than the last. Staring down at his hand, the simple golden band resting on his finger was taunting him each time it glinted in the streetlights. Finally, he stopped to catch his breath, leaning on a lamppost. He gripped on to it for stability, his legs trembling from running so far at such a fast pace.

How did I end up here?

Collecting his thoughts, the male sat on the floor, back against the lamppost and stared into the night.
Words: 266