Hope on the other hand tried to stay but Care grabbed her and pulled her away. Tears were forming in her eyes and her magic started to go a bit crazy. Aspen noticed and tried to coax her sister.

"Hey, Hope, it's ok. I'll meet you inside, ok? I just need a minute to cool down. I just need to take a second so I don't hurt anybody, especially you. I'll meet you inside in ten minutes. Just calm down, ok?" She told her. Aspen stood a few feet away from her but could still smell her blood. The pumping of it going through her veins.

She took a deep breath to try and control herself.

Hope nodded her head and walked away with Caroline.

Caroline sent Aspen and Stefan a small smile and left to the girls.

Everyone seemed to have forgotten that Alaric was paralyzed in the corner of the room. His daughter was back from the dead. Which shouldn't be much of a shock to him but it was.

Alaric who had not moved or spoken was pulled away with Caroline. She knew he needed a minute to think and overcome shock. She also didn't want Aspen to attack him.

Stefan guided Aspen to a small seat in the corner of the room.

"Are you alright?"

"Will I ever be?"

Stefan sighed as he brought her in a hug, to which she reciprocated it. A million different thoughts flowing through both their minds. Aspen's voice brought him out of his head.

"I'm gonna complete the transition. It only seems right."

Though Stefan didn't admit out loud, he was so happy she was going to go through with it. He didn't want to see her die.

"If that's what your choice is, then I'm all for it."

"Could you bring me a blood bag? I want to do this as quickly as possible, just to get it over with."

Stefan nodded his head and flashed away. Quickly coming back with a blood bag.

Aspen looked at it and nodded her head. Coaching herself through it in her mind, she grabbed the bag and sipped the blood. As soon as the blood hit her tongue it was euphoric.

It felt like she had a piece of her missing and this completed the puzzle.

She felt her sense strengthening even more. She could smell the ingredients in Stefan's cologne. She could feel every fiber in the seat below her. She could feel the breeze flowing through her hair, all the way to the follicle.

"How do you feel?" Stefan asked his love. He knew what blood could do to some newbies, him being an example. He was worried it wasn't going to end well for her.

Yet she proved him wrong when she controlled herself and stopped before she destroyed the blood bag.

"Control is good, so that's a plus." He said, trying to show the positives.

Aspen chuckled at him, knowing he was trying to comfort her. She looked at the man next to her and couldn't help but fall more in love with him. Despite her lying and secrets he still loved her like there was no tomorrow.

She knew her eyes only showed unconditional love but she didn't care. She couldn't fathom what Stefan went through when all this happened to her. She was scared for him and she was guilty for the evening thinking of putting him through so much heartbreak.

She brought her right hand to his cheek and caressed it. Her skin went aflame, her sense of touch was off the charts. She could feel him sucking in a breath. She looked in his eyes and saw tears. She knew he was holding them in for her sake.

Aspen leaned in and kissed his cheek, then his nose until finally their lips reached one another. The hand on his cheek fell onto the back of his neck to pull him in more.

Stefan's hands went to the side of her face and pushed her more into him. He was keeping in tears, the tears of fear. Fear that this was all a dream or a hallucination, like when he was in the safe, and that she would disappear. When she kissed him he knew this wasn't fake. His heart was here in front of him and he let the tears go.

Aspen pulled away from him and wiped the tears with her thumb.

"Let's go see everyone." She whispered.

Stefan nodded his head and stood up. He held out a hand for her and she gladly took it.

"Are you sure you're ready to be around them? We can just go to my room and wait till you're completely 100% ready." He suggested.

Aspen shook her head.

"As much as I would love that. I have a sister I want to hold without trying to eat her."

—----------------------------------------------

I love writing about them so much.

I'm gonna try to update every Sunday. Maybe some before then but they'll mostly be Sundays.