Letters

Prompt: Finney moved away about a year ago, him and robin keep contact through letters. Robin confesses<3

(Aged up to 15, just for times sake.)

———————

Dear Finn,

I have something I want to tell you, I'd prefer to say it face to face, but I guess this will do.

Do you remember the time that you invited me to your baseball game? You were pitching against Bruce, you almost got him out. You were super bummed about it even though you did really well, better than I can do anyways.
That night you slept over and we watched a bunch of movies and stayed up til 5 AM, the whole night was filled with nothing but laughter.
Or what about the time when I took you out to the park and we built that tree house? I remember staying there for hours painting and building it, we ended up falling asleep there and didn't wake up til mid afternoon the next day. We got into a lot of trouble.
Though the one memory that beats everything is the night you slept over and we watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You jumped so hard at one of the jump scared and knocked over the bowl of popcorn. When we both got up to clean it up, we got twisted in the blankets and fell down on one another, we sat there for a good 5 minutes just laughing. I remember sitting there after we started calming down and just admiring you, your laugh was the most angelic thing I've ever heard.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that I love you, I always have, and I always will. You're truly the only person who actually understands me, you take my feelings into consideration and don't shove them away like nothing. You patch me up after every fight and you're oh so gentle. I will never get over the way your hands caressed mine when bandaging my knuckles. You never let me down, I can always count on you. I know you probably will read this, discard of the letter, and never talk to me again, but I really hope you don't. Even if you don't feel the same, I still want to know that way I don't spend the rest of my life anxious about the possibilities of your reaction and your feelings. Unfortunately I have to go, my uncle is on his way to take me to the drive in.

Write me back, Robin.

Finney sat there in shock, Robin loved him?
He didn't know how to process what he had just learned. He's had a crush on robin since the 6th grade, now they were sophomores and Robin finally confessed. Finney's heart was racing and his cheeks were painted with a rosy tint. He knew he had to write robin back, so he sat down and got to work.

Dear Robin,

I got your letter obviously and wow, I am in complete utter shock. I never expected you to like me, especially not with the amount of girls swooning over you at school. If you couldn't tell, I feel the same way, I've actually liked you since the 6th grade, and I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I was always so scared of what you'd say, and how you would treat me. I couldn't stand the thought of losing you as a friend so I kept quiet. Clearly you have a lot more guts than me, though I guess we already knew that.

But yes, I love you too. You've never doubted me and you've always been there for me, no matter the circumstances. I remember having you sneak over at 3 AM because my dad would come home drunk and I'd be scared, so you'd come over and comfort me. I miss that so much, and I miss you even more. I cannot wait til this summer to go back to Denver, I swear once I see you I'm going to hug you and never let go.
You mean the absolute world to me, and I'm so happy you decided to confess because I know I never would've. Also, even if I didn't like you back, I would never ghost you, ever. I don't want you to think of me like that.

I, unfortunately have to go, I'm going to the movies with Gwen tonight. I hope I've calmed your nerves, and I love you loser.

-Finney

———————

742 words :)

This is like my first ever time publishing a book so like, if it sucks im truly sorry.<3