5. reunited with the past

Start from the beginning

It was a house! It was a freakin' house! Cass was overjoyed, she found a sign of life and couldn't be happier.

Cass ran up the front steps of the home and rang the doorbell. She also banged her fist on the door a few times for extra measure.

The door slid open and a confused woman answered the door with a slight smile. "May I help you?" The lady took one look at Cass's outfit and immediately let her inside. "Oh dear, come in come in. Let's get you cleaned up, I'm sure my daughter has an outfit you can borrow."

The black-haired woman led Cass over to the sofa, which Cass greatly accepted. "Oh, how silly of me." The lady placed medical supplies on the coffee table and started peeling off the fabric from Cass's injured skin. "I'm Andromeda Tonks."

Cass nearly choked on the water she had been given. "Are you alright, dear?" Andromeda stopped what she was preparing and looked down at the teenager in concern.

"You mean as in the Black sister?"

"We'll, yes. But I married a muggle-born, so I am no longer a part of that family."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as rude or anything, I've just always been fascinated by the history in our world. For the record, I find what you did very brave. Standing against your family beliefs and everything." Andromeda inwardly chuckled at the child she just met.

"If I'm coming across as creepy, please tell me." Whoever this girl was already dug her way into the mother's heart.

"I assure you that you're not a creep. Just when you read about the pure-blood lines, try not to get sucked into all the dark magic." Cass let out a hiss when Andromeda cleaned the wound with disinfectant. It stung, so she sang. Muttering under her breath, Cass rushed through the beginning lines of Let It Go to distract herself from the pain.

"Snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen. Kingdom of isolation and it looks like imma queen. The wind is howling like a swirling storm inside..." once you get to know someone long enough, you start to notice the little things. For example, whenever Cass was scared, she'd always resort to mumbling the lyrics of Elsa's song. When she was in need of finding a way to distract herself, the girl would often sing a song. Maybe it'd be Sebastion's Kiss the Girl or Taylor Swift's You belong With Me. She didn't always get the lyrics spot on, but the pattern of singing being a distraction for Cass was very noticeable once you got to know her for long enough.

Cathleen was one of those people who would always have a song stuck in her head. Whether it's the same song all day or would change each hour depending on how the day turned out. Music would always be a constant. No matter what happens, you can always sing or listen to a recording of a music track.

Andromeda finished healing what she could of Cass's injuries and immediately forced the young woman to get some rest in the guest room. She lent Cass a pair of her daughter's clothes and sent her to change into the bedroom.

Cass limped across the hallway to the far room and placed the folded outfit on top of the wooden dresser. The room looked cozy, the lights had more of an orange-ish hue to them, which made the light easier on her eyes. The sky-blue curtains were pushed to the side, letting the afternoon sunlight brighten up the wood-walled bedroom. Underneath the window was a bench, pillows strewn on the thin mattress above. Cass knew instantly that she would love to curl up and read a book between the two walls.