EPILOGUE

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

OUTFIT INSPO. if not liked then
imagine something else
»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

"I can't believe the school saved enough money to send us to watch this competition..." Leti boasted as we all stood at the airport in Florida.

Before anyone could reply, our originally planned for transportation parked in front of us as we all placed our bags into the car and headed to our hotel. "I'm so excited!" Britney squealed making everyone turn to her with furrowed brows.

"Girl, I thought I heard a chihuahua dying..." Kirresha said before slowly turning away from Britney who smiled at her. She was too excited to care about what anyone would say to her, and no one could blame her, we all were extremely excited for this competition. The school was sending us as a form of gratitude from our hard work in earning the computers for them. We didn't know that they were taking donations by doing car washes and other events to send us until Mrs. Hepner admitted it towards Camille, Leti, Kirresha, Britney and I when we were in class with her.

"So, who are you going for?" I asked towards everyone with a grin on my face, intertwining my fingers with Jesse who leaned his head on my shoulder, "Because I'm going for the Shets, I mean let's be real, the West Coast Sharks and East Coast Jets separate are really good but together they would really be unstoppable."

"I'm going for the Shets too." Jesse admitted as Tyson coughed muttering that he was whipped making Camille slap his shoulder.

"Tyson and I were looking at the teams on the plane and decided we'd probably go for the Flamingos." Camille confessed making Leti and Kirresha point their fingers in agreement to her statement.

"I think the Prairie Dogs have a chance..." Britney said as I laughed, "No, seriously the Prairie Dogs apparently were really bad when they started but started getting better. Usually, teams like that tend to win." Lucas patted her shoulder before admitting that she was right and that he would support the Prairie Dogs too.

"Well, I hope you all realize that you guys are wrong because when the Shets win expect me to tell you guys that I told you so." I boasted getting out of the car as we pulled up to the hotel. Walking backwards as I spoke, I didn't realize that I had bumped into someone until I almost fell if Jesse hadn't caught me. "Sorry..." I genuinely chorused looking at the girl who sat on the floor. She had black hair and if I wasn't wrong fake fangs while a guy with dyed hair helped her up.

"It's alright, she shouldn't have been dancing as she was walking." Another girl beside them spoke as she furrowed her eyebrows at me and the others who stood behind. "Wait, aren't you guys that team from Crenshaw Heights? I saw your performance and thought it was really cool! I'm Chelsea and that's Ruben and the one who you bumped into is Sarah."

"Hi. I'm Aurora..." I greeted before introducing everyone else on the team quickly realizing who I was talking to, "Oh, shit. You guys are the Shets right?"

They nodded before Sarah stepped closer to me, "Are you guys here as spies or what?"

"What the hell would we be spying on?" Leti scoffed as she walked towards the front making Kirresha grab her arm knowing how defensive she could get for anyone on the team.

"Yeah, we are." Ruben admitted before shrugging, "Originally we were gonna be the Sharts."

I laughed and nodded my head slightly confused, "Well, I hope you guys' win."

Turning around and bidding my goodbyes, I grabbed Jesse's hand and started to walk towards the hotel with everyone else in tow. We all went into our hotel rooms with our assigned partner and began putting our bags in. My assigned partner was Leti, Kirresha was partnered with Camille, Britney was partnered with Alexandra (one of our flyers), Tyson with Jesse and Lucas with Benji (one of the guys who usually is a base).

"This must be the universe telling me that the Shets will win." I admitted sitting on the bed as Leti unpacked her bags. Laughing loudly when she turned to me with a playful glare.

"More like the universe giving you a chance to meet them before they lose."

A knock on our door was heard before anyone could say anything else and Leti shrugged when I glanced at her curiously. Getting up and opening the door, I wasn't surprised to see Camille with Kirresha. "We got to go get the rest of the team if we wanna actually make it to watching the competition." Camille started as she pulled us out of our room, soon ordering us to split up and collect everyone from the team who wanted to watch the competition.

Making our way down the bleachers, Kirresha found a spot big enough for everyone on our team and made Leti push her way through as we all sat down, practically in the front row. The competition soon started, and I was more than excited to see the Shets. I've been a fan of the teams as a separation so them conjoining as one made me much happier to see it all play out.

The Prairie Dogs did an amazing job, and I wasn't surprised to see that the Flamingos had an outstanding routine as well. When it was finally time for the Shets to come out, I was relatively surprised to see Chelsea and Ruben waving my way with Sarah nodding at me as well. Two blonde girls near them looked at them curiously as well as some others from their team but with a few words being shared they seemed to catch on quick. Their routine was flawless and creative in my opinion as it seemed new to the judges here as ours did back when we competed.

The Prairie Dogs were announced as third with the Flamingos in second and the Shets in first and I was more than ecstatic to boast into my teammates face. "I told you! Didn't I tell them Jess?" I smiled as Jesse nodded with a smug grin as he placed an arm around my shoulder.

"Damn, next time I'm going with whoever you pick..." Leti groaned as she ran a hand over her face in disbelief.

authors note.
           - thank you for supporting my books ! :)