Love Drugs and Alcohol

"No! You cannot expect me to sit there and let her hurt herself that way!" I heard my mother screaming in the other room. Her and my father have been fighting lately, usually about me. They think I'm running with the wrong group. Wrong. I'm running with the group that can help me forget my past, if only for a couple minutes. I take what I can get. I want to forget everything, every single detail.

"She had a hard year! Cut her some slack Rose!" My father yelled, he always defends me, even when I'm clearly in the wrong. Like now, I know I'm in the wrong. I used to swear I'd never drink or smoke anything, but I need to find a way to forget everything. So, I turned to the only thing I knew would help. Drugs and alcohol. My parents think I need rehab, but really I think I just need some meds for depression. I could stop the drinking and drugs in a heartbeat if I wanted to, but at the moment it's my only escape from reality.

"Stop it!" I yell, " Both of you! Dad, you're right, I have had a tough year. But, that doesn't mean I need to be coddled. I need help, some serious help. I use the drugs and alcohol to forget last year. I can't believe you guys don't get it." I grabbed my car keys and shrugged on my cheerleading sweatshirt and started walking towards the door,"I'm done here, I might be back in a couple of days, but don't plan on it. I'll check in to tell you to tell you I'm ok, but that's it." Then I ran out of the house and got into my car, which I had already had packed with about 2-3 weeks of clothes and about $200 in cash. You may say that I had been planning this for a while, but truth is I haven't. I just keep my car ready so I can flee at a moments notice, like today.

I called my best friend who just so happened not to be into drugs or alcohol. She often told me that I needed to stop, she was kind of the goody-two-shoes type. She had straight A's, was captain of the cheer squad, and was amazing in volleyball, and track. She was perfect, I envied her for always having it easy, but it wasn't her fault that life was good to her. She was there for me last year through everything, so she knows why I started using. So, I dialed Brenna's number, hearing it ring on the other end I prayed that she'd answer. "Hello?" Came muffled voice through the phone, like I had just woke her up.

"Hey, it's Hannah, I got into a fight with my parents. Do you think I could crash at your place for a while?" I was hoping she'd say yes, because really, I didn't really have any other place to go.

"Uhm, sure I guess. How long will you be staying? We're supposed to have family coming up soon, and we'll need the guest room for them when they come up."

"I'm not really sure, but I can leave before they get there, when are they coming up?"

"Next week."

"Ok, I'll be out by then. I swear."

"Alright, are you on your way or do I need to pick you up?"

"Nah, I'm already on my way. I'll be there in about 15 minutes, see you then."

"Ok, see ya." I hung up. Well, I thought I'd be able to stay longer, but I'd take what I could get. I blasted my radio which just so happened to be playing "Let Me Love You by Ne-Yo". Realizing it was about love, I changed it. I plugged in my IPod, and started blasting "Scream & Shout by Will.I.Am and Britney Spears" singing along to the music and getting lost in it is the best and always calmed me down. Shortly I pulled into Brenna's two-story farm house. It was the kind of house you find out of a magazine, picket white fence in the front yard, White House with blue shutters. She had a porch and balcony that went all the way around the house, there was also a pool in the backyard. Next to the huge house was a huge red barn, where her dad took care of horses, cows, and pigs.

I stepped out of my rusting blue Chevy truck into her muddy driveway, it was raining. The rain was pelting my face, making it hard to see. But I knew this place like the back of my own hand, I spent a ton of time here. I walked into her house, seeing her sitting in her arm chair was kind of a shock. It wasn't the fact that she was sitting there that surprised me, it was the look on her face that surprised me. She looked pissed. Super pissed.