𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Two weeks had passed by since Nyx's last encounter with Theodore. Meanwhile, a lot of announcements were made during those weeks. The Quidditch Cup was near, so were a lot of parties and the best of them all, The Winter Ball. Yes, the most famous event held at Hogwarts (after the quidditch cup, of course) was near and Nyx had nothing ready. Not the dress, and not even a date. Nyx had it in mind that she would be skipping the ball, though she knew that her best friend wouldn't let her do so.

°*⁎•⁕°*⁎•⁕°*⁎•⁕

The day passed halfway through, and Nyx ran into Rose. They headed to class when Rose asked, "What've you thought about the ball?"

"What about it?"

"The ball is in two weeks, Nyx. Please tell me you've got yourself a date. Or at least a dress."

"I've got none of the above and I do not plan to attend the ball." She made herself clear.

"Hell nah! Your attending the ball. I don't care if you don't have a dress or a date. I'll make sure you have both of that. But, you are fucking attending the ball." Rose disagreed.

"Well do you have any of those two in the first place?" Nyx counter-questioned.

"Dress, yes. Date, no." She said.

"See? You yourself don't have a--" Nyx started.

"I'm asking out Remus today." Rose ended.

"Remus as in Remus Lupin? The quiet guy in the loud group of the marauders?" Nyx asked, emphasizing the 'quiet' and 'loud'.

"Yes. Him." She said, with an obvious tone.

"No offence or anything, but why him? Like, Rose, you have so many other options, also better ones."

"Nyx, I know you hate the marauders but I promise you Remus is not like them. He's probably the best one out of them." She insisted.

"You sound like you are in love. And when did this happen?"

"When did what happen?"

"You and Remus. All the liking and talking shit."

"Oh well, we've been talking, after, you know, I started tutoring him for Astronomy. He's actually a sweet guy."

"Sure." She said, not actually convinced.

"Well, what about your lover-boy?" She asked.

"Lover-boy who?" She asked in confusion.

"Hmmm. He's 5'11, pureblood, hot and cute at the same time, Slytherin. Does this ring a bell?"

"No." Nyx lied through her teeth.

"I know you're lying, but yeah, I'm talking about Theodore Bennett." She said, again, in an obvious tone

"Well what about him?"

"You guys ain't talking recently. Something wrong?" Rose asked.

"No. Geez, 1. He's not my Lover-boy or something and 2. We both haven't seen each other in weeks and nothing's wrong." Nyx insisted.

"Sure." Rose sounded like she wasn't convinced.

***

Their talk soon came to a conclusion as they both had to part ways to go to different classes.

***

Theodore walked with his friends, all of them discussing about the upcoming winter ball. Almost all of them had dates, except for him. Theodore wasn't oh-so excited about the ball. He, in fact, didn't give a shit about it. But it didn't matter because his friends did give a shit about it. And for him it sucked because for some stupid reason, everyone was hyped about it. And that he also thought he was the only one to think that the winter ball was unnecessary. His friends kept on nagging him, asking why he hasn't got a date yet. To which he replies that he is not the very least interested in the ball, and he gets to hear a lot of disagreements. But seriously, if he did want to go to the ball, who would he take as a date? Just as he thought he had no options, a name popped up in his head. Ines Salvatore. 'She must've already been asked out by someone' he thought. He soon found himself in front of the potions class, and forgot everything about the ball and Ines.

***

A/n- Yo guys! I've been out for a while, i know. Well i've been going through a lot recently. But one of the main reasons i took a 'break' was I got my heart broken for the first time and it actually sucks. But, i'm fine now. I'll be trying my best to update as frequently as i can because rn i've got tests and exams coming up. I've certainly got ideas about SELCOUTH, and my other books ofc. Soo, i guess i'll be seeing you guys again within this week or month (not sure tho). I love u guys so so much and i really appreciate those who wait for months just to read the next chapter. Really really sorry if you find the chapter too small but your author loves taking things slow.

~Love, d.s.