𝐒𝐢𝐱

Theodore sat around his friends, but his mind wandered somewhere else

Theodore sat around his friends, but his mind wandered somewhere else. Or to someone else. Somehow, the girl from potions kept wandering in his mind. He tried to get her out of his mind, but failed. He couldn't understand why he couldn't get that girl out of his mind. This was the first time he had felt this, and it felt so....nice. It was as if he didn't want this feeling to go away. Maybe it was the girl who made him feel like that. Maybe that's why he couldn't get Ines Salvatore out of his head. 

°*⁕⁎•°*⁕⁎•°*⁕⁎•*⁎•°

Ines walked into the library to get a new book in exchange of her old book. This time, she went to the shelf where all the romance books were kept. Nyx hadn't read romance books in a while, and she really longed to read one. She was going through the books and she finally found one that she wanted. The only problem was, it was on the second-last shelf. And she wasn't too tall. So she thought maybe tipping on her toes would help, but they didn't. So she tried to jump and reach out to the book. And that didn't help either. Just as she was about to stand on a chair, a pair of hands took out the book she wanted.

"Here." The boy said. Nyx turned around only to find Theodore Bennett.

"Thanks." Was all she could manage out. She reached out her hands to take the book, but suddenly, Theodore pulled away. So now I'm gonna have to fight you for that book, huh? Nyx thought. She stretched out her arms to take the book, but each time, the boy would pull the book away from her.

"Hey! Just give me the book will you?" She demanded, finally giving up.

"Sure." He handed out the book to her, but as soon as she reached out to take it, he pulled away, again.

"Theodore Bennett! Will you just please give me my book?" She asked, frustrated.

"Glad to know you remember me and my name." He answered.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously what?"

"Just give me the damn book, will you?" Nyx was very irritated at that point.

"Geez, chill down. Here, have your book." And this time, he didn't pull away.

"I didn't know you read." He interrupted the silence between them

"Oh I read a lot. More than you can imagine. What about you? Do you read? Considering you came to the library." Nyx asked.

"I don't read much, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading. And I was in the library because I wanted a book on astronomy. But then I heard someone struggling for something. Thought I'd help. Turns out that someone was you." He answered.

"Astronomy, huh? You like astronomy, don't you?" She guessed

"Yeah, I guess. I find the moon, the stars, the sky......fascinating." He replied.

"Hmmm. I like astronomy too. It fascinates me, as well." Nyx said, smiling.

"Let me guess, you like romance books apart from astronomy?" He guessed.

"Mhm. I do." She replied

"I really am not a fan of romance books, though" He informed

"Wait. Really? Why?" She asked out of curiosity. He was possibly the first she'd ever met who didn't like romance novels.

"I don't know, maybe because it just shows love very differently than it actually is."

"And how would you know? Have you ever fallen in love before?" She questioned

"No. But I've seen others. And sometimes, the love they hold for each other is so so different from what we read in books." He answered

"Sometimes. Well, maybe some books can be misleading, but that doesn't mean all the books are same."

"You are that one person who believes in love too much, aren't you?" He asked, smiling a little.

"And you don't believe in love?"

"No. I mean-I don't know. I just....I don't know."

"Hmm...." It went quite between them for a few minutes.
"You wanna go out to the Black Lake?" Nyx asked after sometime.

"I really do, but I've got some other work to complete. I'll join you some other day, sunflower." He said.

"Sunflower?" Nyx asked

"Ohh...its-it's just a nickname. Can I call you that?" He said.

"Sure."

"Well, I guess I'll see you some other time." He said, his eyes not leaving hers.

"Yeah....goodbye, Theodore." Nyx bid adieu with a heavy heart.

"Goodbye, sunflower." And he turned around and left.

Nyx tried to hide a smile, but she couldn't help it. No one--except her Uncle and Aunt--called her with other nicknames apart from Nyx. She liked it. "Sunflower" she thought, and smiled again.