"you love me?"

jisung waited for a response with his heart beating rapidly, and chenle took a deep breath.

"yes, i do love you."

"i..."

he didn't know what to say. he didn't know if this was a confession or what, but his thoughts were interrupted.

"let's go?"

"huh? yeah, let's go."

chenle was too nervous to wait for jisung to finish the sentence.

the taller led the way this time as he knew exactly where he was going, and in no time they were back home.

"chenle, are you okay?"

renjun came up to them and he noticed something was up, but chenle didn't want to explain to him yet.

"yeah, i'm fine now. it's something i don't feel confident in telling you because then i'll end up having to explain different things for hours."

"understandable. i hope jisung can help you out with it. he'll know what to do."

"thanks? that seems a bit creepy."

"it does?"

"JUNNIE? LOOK AT THIS ADORABLE DUCKLING! YOU WONT WANNA MISS IT!"

"and... that's my calling. bye you two!"

"see you!"

renjun flew away to the pond, and the two resumed their walk to the cottage.

jisung settled down on the floor and chenle sat on the bed.

"so, what happened?"

"it's hard to talk about."

jisung scooted forward to where they were sitting knee to knee.

"no judgement, okay? as i said before, talking to someone about it is the best plan of action, and you said the only person you could talk to was me. i'm here for you, and i want to help you with any struggles."

"thank you."

"i'm just being your soulmate."

chenle giggled, "um, it's about yeji."

"...what did that bitch do to you?"

jisung immediately turned angry as yeji had caused the love of his life to become so distraught and cry that hard.

chenle honestly thought his attitude and swearing was quite hot, but it wasn't the time.

"calm down, ji. i'm safe now."

"yeah yeah i know, but how will you be safe back there?"

"i... i'm still figuring that one out."

"how about you just stay here?"

"i have thought about that, but there's people in that kingdom that i care about so much. they're like my family. i don't want to completely leave them, it'll be like tearing a piece of my heart away. you would do anything for your family, wouldn't you?"

"...yes, i would do... almost anything."

"almost?"

"if i had to make a decision between you and them, i simply wouldn't. that would be the end for me."

"slightly morbid."

"sorry, what did she do?"

"..."

jisung held his hands, and that gave chenle the confidence to speak.

"she tried to force herself onto me."

"you mean like..."

"she said that because we're getting married, we should be doing it."

jisung had never been more angry, but he kept it down for the other's sake.

"she had to take me to her room because of my mother, and for a few hours it was fine. and then she changed."

"go on", he was reluctant to ask.

"she... she threw me on the bed and sat on top of me. she tried to undo my buttons and she kept telling me reasons why i should want to do it with her. she tried to seduce me and she... she... my waistband..."

chenle let the tears fall again, but he felt better crying this time than before as he had the confidence to tell jisung about it.

balling his fists, jisung almost exploded, but seeing chenle began breaking down, he put his pieces back together.

"come here, let it out."

the smaller leaned into jisung, letting him cuddle him until the last piece was put into place.

talking about pieces, they fit together like they were a two piece puzzle.

chenle's small figure was a perfect fit into jisung's large one, which made for the most comfortable cuddles imaginable.

chenle loved the hug so much that even after he felt he was okay, he stayed in the embrace, putting his face in jisung's chest.

jisung stared down at the adorable sight of the smaller snuggling into him, smiling widely and feeling his stomach begin fluttering with butterflies.

"better?"

"much better. can i just stay here?"

"oh you definitely can"

and so chenle stayed there, feeling more loved than he ever thought he would be.

jisung's anger left him, and he was feeling the exact same way.

(an. they are adorable omgee

jisung is so me

yeji would not exist anymore if i was him

that would be the END of her omg

IDK WHAT TO SAY.)