"Courtesy of your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!"

Elsewhere was Peter with his mask off scrolling through his smartphone on a rooftop, it's only been a month since Otto's attack on New York using his body as the Superior Spider-Man and it definitely did leave a mark on his reputation. Due to the mistrust from civilians and people from the hero community alike, he decided to keep his distance for a while as he had a lot to make up for not only as Spider-Man but as Peter Parker as well. Once again the city against him...but that was nothing new.

If there was one thing, Peter was able to reconcile with Aunt May and her new husband, John Jonah Jameson, Sr., but she was back to hating Spider-Man again after Ock's attack which did cause some friction between the two of them for a little while.

J. Jonah Jameson Jr. was pretty much over the moon so to speak as his final act as Mayor of New York deployed some Spider-Slayers to hunt down that "wall-crawling menace" once and for all and those little wind-up toys proved to be the perfect stress relievers from time to time.

Don't get him started on the Avengers as they subjected him to numerous test while treating him as if he was another garden variety super criminal. It was probably for safety reasons like if Doc Ock was still slumming it inside his brain for example or whatever garbage they try to justify themselves with until they saw that he was back to his somewhat jovial self. Peter has been ignoring their calls for a month on his Avengers Card as he was avoiding them due to the constant trust issues from both sides and the fact that he felt like he was letdown by the very same people he looked up to. He even came to the conclusion that maybe being an Avenger was part of his problem, and he couldn't get over the fact that his colleagues couldn't tell that something was wrong throughout the whole ordeal.

Spider-Man has been somewhat of a ghost lately in dealing with more street crime like burglary, bank robberies and an influx of gang activity due to the rising crime rate. He inherited Otto's mess so what better way to make up for everything by doing what he does best but in a low key way. Although the city's perception of Spider-Man haven't changed, it reminded him that he wasn't doing this by getting the approval of some big name heroes but it was the responsible thing to do. After dealing with crime and other super villain incidents, he would get in and get out leaving authorities and allies little slips of paper with his name on it like from before. It was the littlest things that makes being Spider-Man all the more worth it.

"Out of sight and out of mind," Peter muttered under his breath as he thought he was alone.

"You've been a hard guy to find."

Peter quickly put his mask back on and turned around to see his old friend, Matt Murdock, also known as the Daredevil, was walking up to him and sitting down next to the webslinger.

"Oh...hey Matt," Spider-Man sighed as put his phone back in his pocket and looked down below. Daredevil could tell that something's been bugging the wall crawler by the tone of his voice so he decides to lend an ear.

"Are you alright, Pete? What's got you down?" Daredevil voicing his concern to his friend.

"My social life and love life is going down the tubes. Some of my old co-workers from Horizon Labs started talking to me again but all in all I've been great. Just great," Spider-Man said sarcastically lamenting as he has hit rock bottom...again.

"You wanna talk about it?" Daredevil asked as he truly wanted to help his friend at his lowest moment.

Peter was hesitant at first but it couldn't hurt him to just vent to one of his close friends.

"One of my Ex's decided it was high time to cut me loose, but in a way I honestly don't blame her. My life is an unending cycle of chaos and dysfunction and she couldn't take it anymore. She's been doing great without me," Spider-Man sighed as he had hoped to one day settle down with MJ and quit the hero business while he was still ahead. Unfortunately, things don't turn out the way they're planned.