I'll Keep You Safe (Request)

Warnings: mentions of guns, reader having a nightmare about getting taken back to the red room then being shot and killed

Warnings: mentions of guns, reader having a nightmare about getting taken back to the red room then being shot and killed. Anymore let me know.
Age: 12
Word Count: 881
Requests: Open
Summary: your mom comforts you after you had a nightmare
Requested by: @Superflash2255
Date: 25/09/2022
A/N: thank you so much for your request I hope you like it :)

---⧗---

You had woken from a dream one of the best dreams ever. One that you never wanted to end.

You expected that your 7 am alarm was about to go off any minute but when you rolled over and checked your alarm it was only 3:30 am. It was your favourite thing ever when that happened.

You rolled back around and fell asleep again but this dream wasn't as great as the last one.

---⧗---

You were in your old apartment back in Russia snuggled up on the sofa with your mom when she suddenly sat up like she heard something.

"Stay here." She stood up and went to the spot where kept a gun hidden and left,

You waited and waited for her to get back but she never did. You walked to the door and as you put your hand on the door you heard four gunshots.

You removed your hand from the doorknob and walked backwards away from the door. You heard a window shatter and you instantly tensed up.

"Mama where are you?" You called out tears streaming down your face.

You continued sneaking around the apartment trying to find your mom but you came across someone else instead.

It was a young woman. You noticed that she had the Black Widow symbol on her belt and was wearing widow bites on her wrists so you knew that she was here to take you and your mom back to the red room.

The both of you kept eye contact neither one was willing to break it. You slowly walked backwards and you felt yourself bump into someone. You turned your head and there was another widow.

She grabbed you and you started screaming for your mom as loud as you could but she never came to save you. The widow then dragged you out of the apartment. and you were suddenly in a dark room.

In the room, the same widow was holding your mom at gunpoint and the second widow was holding you at gunpoint.

Tears were streaming down your face. You wanted nothing more than anything to run into your mama's arms but you didn't dare move you didn't want to give the widows a reason to shoot you or your mom.

A man walked into the room and pointed at you then suddenly there was a loud bang and everything went dark.

---⧗---

You woke up screaming and within a second Natasha ran into your room she found you curled up in a ball at the corner of your bed crying uncontrollably.

Natasha sat down beside you and pulled you onto her lap. She began gently rocking you and trying what she could to calm you down.

After you were calm enough to tell her your dream she hugged you tightly.

"No one will ever hurt you I promise baby. They'll have to get through me first and no one is able to do that."

You sat up and wrapped your arms around her neck and hugged her as tightly as you could. Afraid if you would let her go she would disappear. "I love you, mama."

A stray tear fell down Natasha's cheek and she quickly wiped it away. "I love you more baby."

Natasha gently pulled you away and brushed the hair out of your eyes. "Do you want to sleep in mama's bed baby?"

Your eyes widened and a massive smile grew on your face "yes please mama." You would never give up an opportunity to sleep in your mama's bed it was so big and cosy.

You looked around the bed like you lost something "Mama where's widow bear?"

Widow bear was a Black Widow plush that Steve gave you on your 7th birthday that helped you sleep when your mom has to leave for long missions. She even sprays it with her perfume so it smells like her.

Natasha looked around too and saw the stuffed toy lying on the floor.

"I think someone wanted to sleep on the floor," Natasha said picking it up and handing it to you.

You gave the toy a big cuddle. "I'm sorry I made you fall widow bear"

Natasha couldn't help but smile at your adorableness.

She stood up and did grabby hands towards you "Come here my little cutie I will carry you to mama's bed."

You stood up on the bed and Natasha lifted you up. You wrapped your arms around her neck and also kept a tight grip on widow bear so she doesn't fall again
"soon you'll be too big for me to carry." She kisses you on the cheek.

Natasha gently laid you down on her bed and then lay down next to you. You snuggled into her so closely that you were practically lying on top of her but she didn't mind. She never did.

Natasha wrapped her arms around you tightly and started quietly singing your favourite Russian lullaby and gently stroked your hair till you fell asleep.

Once Natasha knew that you were asleep she placed a kiss on the top of your head.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I promise you that I'm going to protect you with my life." She whispered then she fell asleep too.