New Pet

Natasha Romanoff x Teen Reader

Warnings: None

Age: 16

Word Count: 1,739

Requests: Open

Summary: Your mom brought home a new pet.

-----------⧗---------

You came home from school back to the apartment that you and Natasha share.

"Mom I'm ho..." You began to say but you stopped midsentence when you saw a black cat sitting on the armchair.

"Mom!" You screamed as you manoeuvred yourself away from the armchair not taking your eyes off the cat.

"Hey, sweetheart, how was school?" She asked appearing round the corner drying her hands with a dishtowel.

"Oh, it was great. I did some math, history, finished my art project." You began to sarcastically say

"And listen to this, here's the best part, I came home to find A CAT sitting on my chair." You added as you raised your hand to point at the cat who was cleaning its paw.

Natasha just laughed at you then went over to pick up the cat.

"Don't laugh, this is a serious matter,"

"Her name is Liho," Nat told you and she walked closer to you with the cat still in her arms.

You took a few steps back trying to get away from it. you weren't a big animal person, honestly, this is the closest that you've ever been to one.

Natasha stopped walking towards you when she saw you taking steps away from her.

"Don't freak out," Nat said as she placed the cat on the ground.

Liho walked over to you and you stood incredibly still till she rubbed her head on your leg.

"That wasn't so bad," You said as you looked over at Nat and she was smiling at you and you smiled back at her.

You kneeled on the floor and held out your hand and Liho rubbed her face against it. Natasha then kneeled beside you both and started scratching the cat's ear

"You're a good cat arent you.." You looked at your mom to get her to say the cat's name again.

"Liho." She said

"Liho." You repeated.

"What does it mean?" You asked curiously

"it means misfortune." She gave you a slight definition.

"Cool, where did you find her?" There were so many questions that you wanted to know so it was best to start with the obvious ones first.

"just outside." She told you

"What?" You quickly pulled your hand away both your mom and Liho got startled by your reaction.

"Don't worry I took her to the vets beforehand and she's in perfect health. The vets were glad when I offered to take her in so many shelters are filled with black cats since so many people abandon them." She informed you.

"I just have a soft spot for abandoned creatures that's how I ended up adopting you." She jokingly said then she got up and walked back into the kitchen.