Let Me Go Part 4 (Final)

Warnings: None

Age: 19

Word Count: 1,470

Requests: Closed

Summary:

Date: 14/04/2022

A/N: 8 years later and I'm finally posting the last part.

———⧗———

"Y/N, where's Nat?" Bruce asked you.

You looked up as a tear escaped your eye when you heard her name being said and saw that everyone was looking at you.

You didn't even say anything yet they knew that something has happened.

You made eye contact with Steve. You saw the exact moment where his heart shattered. That look is why it should have been you not her.

Steve rushed over to you and pulled you into him and as he held you tight all your emotions just came pouring out of you and you cried harder than you ever have in your life.

There was nothing that he or anyone else could say or do to make this better. There is only one person that could comfort you and she is gone.

"I'm going to lie down for a bit," You said pulling away from Steve and wiping away the tears with your sleeve.

"Do you need me to get you anything?" Steve asked you

You didn't say anything, you just shook your head and continued walking.

You walked past your bedroom and went to Natasha's room instead.

You placed your hand on the door nob and took a deep breath before walking in. It took you a few seconds before you finally were able to properly walk in.

You noticed that one of her hoodies was lying on her bed you picked it up and just held it close to you. It still smelt of her perfume.

You walk over to her bedside table and picked up the framed photograph of both of you and the memory that went along with it played inside your mind it made you smile.

You took the picture out of the frame so you could keep it with it

"There must be something that I can do to bring you back, Mama, but I just don't know what," You said while looking at the picture.

You placed the picture on the bed and went to take off your jacket and swap it for your mom's hoodie but something fell out of your pocket and hit the floor.

You had forgotten that you still had the soul stone you then bent down and picked it up.

"The stones will bring back everyone and maybe just maybe you can be brought back too," you said to yourself.

With everything that happened, you forgot that nothing could bring her back.

You quickly put on the hoodie placed the stone in its pocket and carefully folded up the photograph and put it in your jeans pocket and ran to find the others.

———⧗———

You looked around the main floor but no one was to be seen then you saw them standing on the dock near the water.

As you got closer you saw Bruce throw one of the benches into the water.

"We have to make it worth it. We have to." He said.

"We will," Steve responded as he stood up.

"For her." You spoke up and everyone's head turned towards you.