"Goodness, even the Prime Minister had eyes on her."

"Surely, she will accept it, right?"

"Why won't she? It's not like she will get this chance the second time."

The murmur of the nobles was all over the hall. Almost everybody present in the hall turned their whole attention to Hayes, Zoella, and Ephraim.

'So, this is what you want to play, huh?'

Zoella's gaze on Ephraim became sharper. As such, she could see Ephraim's face full of victory. His smiling eyes turned into a sly one.

"You can take your time to think about it, Lady. I will wait patient-"

"No, I will answer right away."

Ephraim almost wrinkled his forehead as he heard Zoella's answer. He didn't expect this girl to have this kind of response.

"As you said Sir, I took after my teacher so much. So, I think you can guess what my answer is."

"Pardon?"

"Oh, dear. Should I really tell you? In front of this many people? I'm trying to be considered here."

"Pfft.. sorry."

Hayes's tense face turned relaxed that he almost burst laughing hearing his disciple's answer. He purposely gave her a vague clue but she understands it right away when she faced it.

"Did she just refuse the offer?"

"Who does she think she is?"

"What an arrogant child."

"Why did the Prime Minister even bat an eye on her?"

The story about Hayes rejecting Ephraim's offer time and time again was widely known even by the commoners. So the nobles who heard Zoella's words could understand right away that she also rejected Ephraim's offer, just like her teacher.

'One second ago they were amazed and one second later they quickly turned against me. I truly understand why my teacher despises them so.'

Zoella ignored all the nobles' mumbles and searched for her family. Once she got their figures in her eyes, the irritation in Zoella's heart completely fade away.

Elijah, Amelia, and Noah looked at her with proud smiles on their faces.

"Well, you get your answer. I hope you can be satisfied with it."

Ephraim glared at Hayes with slight resentment. Even if nobody was aware of it, Hayes certainly saw it clearly.

"It's a shame that you choose to follow your teacher's footsteps. Then, I will take my leave. I wish you a nice evening."

Having said that, Ephraim left the hall immediately.

"And what the heck are you all looking at?! It's not a play."

All the nobles turned their faces away after they heard Hayes's voice.

"Zoe, we'll talk about this later."

Hayes said to Zoella when he saw her family and Tyrael approaching. And his disciple only nodded her head without any question.

"Are you alright, baby?"

"I'm alright, Mother. Though it was a bit scary."

Amelia put on a gentle smile as she patted her daughter's head.

"You did well, Zoe. Honestly, I also don't like that man. So, I'm glad you rejected his offer."

Noah looked really annoyed as he spoke.

"Why don't you like him?"

"He might not seem like it but he really likes to put people beneath him. Even with those who have the same position as him, he always thinks that he is above them."

Zoella nodded at her Brother's explanation. She glanced at Hayes with her eyes asking if that was the reason Hayes also hated Ephraim Luther.

However, Hayes slightly shook his head.

Zoella thinned her lips at her teacher's answer. She was really curious as to why Hayes despised the Prime Minister since she never saw Hayes put his guard around anyone that clearly.

"Daughter, do you want to stay here a bit longer or...?"

"Can we go home, now?"

Zoella's face brightened. Of course, she wouldn't refuse her Father's offer to leave this sickening ball.

"Sure. Then, let's go home."

This was surely a long and tiring night for Zoella. Drowsiness hit her not long after she sat in the carriage. Zoella tried to stay awake but her eyelids felt so heavy. She finally fell asleep after she chose not to fight her drowsiness any longer.