Chapter 30: Abandoned Hospital (14)

Start from the beginning

But it was just a thought. The youth understood that this idea of his was just too absurd and impossible to achieve.

".........Yes. It's impossible to go to the mortuary but there are other ways for you to see what Xie Yuan Huai looks like."

Once, while he chatted with the nurse, he accidentally let slip this thought of his. The nurse heard his wishes, thought about it and then leaned over to whisper to him.

"I can help you find his photo. There should be one registered in the hospitals' old files. When I have time, I can go and look for it. I should be about to find it, but you might need to wait a little."

"It's not a hassle for sister?"

The young boy's heart started to race. He couldn't help but look forward to it but he also didn't would to trouble the sister too much.

"No, I'll do it secretly."

The nurse stuck out her tongue and then made a "who are we? " expression.

In fact, she wanted to do this for the youth's sake. Afterall, when he sees that the "Xie Yuan Huai" that he had fantasized about was not the same as the real Xie Yuan Huai, it may help with breaking his fantasy and speeding his recovery.

.............

"Do you still hear that voice?"

Doctor Luo's tone was as usual very warm: "You haven't responded to it, right?"

"No. I have never responded to it."

The boy shook his head. Doctor Luo had told him before not to pay any attention to that voice and that by doing so it would help him recover faster so he would resist the urge every time and act like the voice never existed.

..........

"Okay then. Director Luo, Zhi Chu, I'll be taking your pictures. Three, two——-"

Under the clear blue sky, the flowers in the courtyard was in full bloom and filled with vitality. There was even a faint floral fragrance in the air.

The nurse raised the phone and took a photo of Doctor Luo and the boy together. The youngster was about to be discharged from the hospital and he wanted to use the opportunity when the weather was good to take a few pictures in commemoration. The youth in the camera held onto Doctor Luo's arms and the two of them smiled very happily.

A handsome and cold-looking man stood under the shadow of a tree and watched them from afar.

His figure was pale and at this moment he looked particularly thin and frail, like he would be blown away with just a small gust of wind and would disappear from the world.

Over the past few days, he had almost never left the boys side. Again, and again he would call out to him and want to touch him to show that he really existed but, as if all forms of connections between the two had been cut off, the young boy no longer could see or sense him.

He knew that, ever since the boy had realized that he was a ghost, things had undergone a tremendous change. He no longer thought of him as a "human" and since then, the boy was completely unable to sense him. No matter how many times he tried, it was all in vain.

He could only watch the boy cry out his name and beg for him to appear until his voice went hoarse and he fall asleep with a tear-stained face.

Until later, the boy also gradually thought that "Xie Yuan Huai" was just his own imaginary figure that he had conjured up. He gradually became somewhat silent and no longer mentioned that name.

Now, he was about to leave it all behind and was ready to greet a brighter future.

But Xie Yuan Huai's time would only stop at this point. Forever as a pale illusionary figure, he would be buried in the youth's memories and gradually turn into fine dust.