20* - I don't like goodbyes.

Start from the beginning

"So, tell me, what brought you here today?" he asked.

"Well, your expertise. Client-centered therapy, kink-positive, psychotherapist..." she started listing.

"Kink-aware," he corrected with a smile. "We don't attach moral value to sex."

"Yes, of course," she agreed. Ent would benefit from that, too.

"I'm not sure exactly where to start, so you'll have to tell me if I'm skipping over important details."

"I'll listen to as much as you're comfortable sharing. We'll get to the rest with time, I don't expect a memoir today." He smiled again. Normal people would chuckle at that. Ent would probably get annoyed by him quickly.

"Right. So, I'm in a Domme/sub relationship. Arrangement, whatever. The terminology doesn't matter," she started. "And I've recently gotten a job in Eastern Asia so I'll be moving there in January."

"I offer online appointments, no problem." He nodded. Good to know...?

"Yeah, and I'm sadly forced to leave my sub here. We're ending things in a few weeks. We've had the conversation months ago, so it's not new at this point."

"Breakups are always hard," he sympathized. 

"I don't know if I'd call it a breakup," she sighed. "It's not a romantic relationship."

"BDSM forms deep and long-lasting bonds, even if you don't tell each other you love one another. It's understandable that you feel inclined to see a psychiatrist."

"No, no," she shook her hands. "Not for me. I'm sorry, I should've elaborated. Maybe I forgot to put it in the form I filled out online. I'm looking for a therapist for my sub... Well, he won't be my sub then but you get the point."

He schooled his expression back to a blank stare and nodded for a few seconds. 

"That sounds... controlling."

"I imagine, but I'm just screening some therapists for him because he'd never do it himself. He's of course more than welcome to never see you again after his first appointment."

"Okay," he leaned on his elbows, putting his pen in a drawer. "Explain this situation to me. I won't be taking notes."

"Of course, that's your prerogative," she dismissed his obvious concern. "I think it'd be his story to tell how much he wants out there but we've been in a Domme/sub arrangement for close to a year. During that time, he's grown very dependent on me to handle his stress. He's never talked to me about what exactly stresses him out this much but it's a lot..."

She sighed in an attempt to clear some of the weight pressing on her chest.

"It's very normal for you to worry about him."

"I know," she smiled. "He keeps it in until it overwhelms him. He doesn't like it when others treat him like they know better and I think it's part of the reason he does that. But I'm putting words in his mouth. Anyway, he's very... reckless in his submission, especially when overwhelmed. He's a masochist, so you can probably imagine that it gets very bad when he feels like he's lost control of his life."

"I have to admit," Dr. Fischer started. "I'm confused. And slightly concerned for him."

"Yeah, me too. Me too..." She took a second to gather her thoughts. "Look, I'll tell him to come here and he will listen to me. But not indefinitely. So, how long do you need to make him realize he's better off with you than without you?"

"Don't you think he'll put space between you two if you force him to see me?" 

Wasn't it his job to remember what had been said already?!