10* - Slow down.

TW: sexism, agism

CW: intense denial

Cass could've never predicted just how many attachment issues the man she had to leave for just a week would have

Cass could've never predicted just how many attachment issues the man she had to leave for just a week would have. Neither could she have anticipated how much she would love being this desired. Irreplaceable

The project, on the other hand, was going just fine

About six months after starting it, the prototype was supposed to be done already. The preliminary digital sketch of how every scene on the app would look was what she usually used for client pitches and testing. 

Ideally, testing first, so she could come to a client pitch with the positive results from the tests and a plan for how to improve the software. 

Clients rarely understood how much work went into actually writing the code for an app after a final prototype was approved, which would probably be the only good side of her current situation. 

The entire project plan needed to be scrapped and redone because they had lost that piece of documentation in the first month. 

The architecture. It was a detailed list of how every part of the software was gonna be built – servers, coding languages, hosting platforms, and about a thousand other things.

She's used that documentation to plan the entire project, including what would need to be done, when, how, and by who. 

But afterward, the architecture was redone by a junior software architect, who, as expected, made a lot of mistakes that needed fixing and further slowed the process.Thish was why she found herself in this situation now, sitting in front of the client, in their main office in Lisbon, looking at a very disappointed white man in his 50s run his hands through his non-existent grey hair.

"I don't understand how this could happen," Antonio shook his head. "It's three months before the deadline and you don't have anything to show me?"

"We had some internal problems, which were solved, but resulted in a delay," she explained as calmly as possible. It wasn't easy with a guy who looked just like her father and had his deeply disapproving gaze. "We've got everything under control and the final design should be ready by the end of November."

"It was supposed to be done by the beginning of October." He stood up and walked over to the windows to the side of the conference table, looking out into the distance.

"Yes, we apologize sincerely." She didn't know if she should stand up next to him or not but she opted not to. "We're prepared to give you a discount for the trouble."

"I'm not concerned with the money,Misss Williams," he spoke in his thick Portuguese accent. "Rapido pays the cost of this project in taxes just about every week."

She knew this guy would be mad. All clients were always mad. They set deadlines with no buffers and hired the cheapest agency possible, always expecting to be able to publish a product the day after the deadline.