28. talking about Bruno

"So, Lucaaa..." Félix wiggles his eyebrows as he leans towards your friend, and you facepalm. You had not worked your ass off to get home early so that you could join Mirabel and Leta in Bruno's tower for this to happen. "What do you think of my niece?"

"Which niece?" Luca innocently looks at him, and you snort. Félix stops walking for a few seconds, dumbfounded by his answer.

"Uh, (Y/n). What do you think about (Y/n)?"

"That I'm perfect, obviously." You step in. Your uncle was not sly at all, you had to change the way the conversation was going.

"Eeeeh..." Luca starts, but you hit the back of his head without even having to look. He winces. "I mean... Yeah! (Y/n) is the epitome of perfection... I guess."

"Mediocre performance." You whisper, and he shrugs, still holding the back of his head in pain. Félix seems to give up on asking weird ass questions, and you silently celebrate your victory by curling up your fingers into a fist. You end up reaching your house, where you had astutely invited Luca to eat some snacks, an excuse for him going home with you and that would serve you when you'd sneak into Bruno's tower to fetch Mirabel and Leta.

You had explained everything to Luca again when you realized he didn't have all the infos, and he protested because you weren't the ones doing the job. According to him, you were the protagonists. You didn't agree, you saw yourself as more of a cool side-character, but you did think you should have been with Leta and your sister in that tower. So you were finally joining them. That is, if they were not out yet.

Visibly they were, because as soon as you entered the courtyard, you heard a sentence that made Félix rush towards the nursery door.

"We don't talk about Bruno." Pepa's voice sounded from inside the room, and you and Luca followed Félix upstairs, intrigued.

"I know, it's just, hypothetically, if he 'saw' you-" Mirabel was then heard, and you reach the top of the stairs as Félix leans against the door to eavesdrop better.

"Mirabel, please. We need to get ready for the Guzmans."

"I just want to know if it was generally positive...or, like, less positive or-"

You brace yourself for drama when you see Félix get ready to make a grandiloquent entrance, and pull Luca back by the forearm so that you wouldn't waste it. He gives you a confused look, to which you answer with a tilt of the head that could only mean 'watch'.

"IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!"

"Félix!" Pepa yells.

And, indeed, your uncle, who had just dramatically barged into the nursery, also happened to be named Félix.

"Ey, she needs to know, Pepi. She needs to know."

You quickly make your way in the room before he closes the door, dragging Luca behind you -still by the forearm-. You were craving that information as well; they were finally talking about Bruno.

In the room, Pepa and Mirabel, of course, but also Leta, who seems surprised but happy to find you here and gives you a small wave before you all go back to focusing on the scene.

"We don't talk about Bruno." Pepa tries to silence your uncle, unsuccessfully. You unknowingly take a step forward, too eager to hear anything, and Luca is the one to pull you back this time. It was best to make yourself discreet.

"He would see something terrible, and then crack, tititititi! Ba-boom! It would happen."

"We don't talk about Bruno!"

"What if you didn't understand what he saw?" Mirabel asks, and you conclude she had found the vision, but not the meaning behind it. You were willing to help.