Aftermath

Loki: If it's all the same to you...I'll have that drink now.

Hulk growled as the Avengers stared him down.

Tony: Alright, get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up.

Thor forces Loki on his feet and Bobbi placed some cuffs on his hands.

Natasha: So who gets the magic wand?

Steve: S.T.R.I.K.E. team's coming to secure it.

The elevator pings as several S.T.R.I.K.E. team agents, led by Brock Rumlow and escorted by Jasper Sitwell, exit the elevator.

Bobbi: Oh, would you look at that, the douche team's here.

Rumlow: (sarcastically) Very funny, Morse.

Aaron: What's up with him?

Bobbi: He tried to hit on me multiple times, even though I refused as many times as he tried. It took a couple of knees to his balls for Bumlow here to take the hint.

Aaron: Ah.

Sitwell: (to Natasha) We can take that off your hands.

Natasha: (hands Sitwell the scepter) By all means.

Sitwell began examining the scepter.

Bobbi: Try not to touch the tip of the magical stick of bullshit, Sitwell. It won't do you any good.

Steve: Language, Morse.

Clint: Yeah, trust us, we know.

Sitwell: We promise to be careful. (places the scepter into a case)

Aaron was looking out of the window, observing the city from above.

Aaron: It'll be one hell of a clean up.

???: Agreed.

He turns to see Thor standing next to him.

Thor: But at least your realm is safe. you have fought valiantly, O'Connor.

Aaron: Thanks. You weren't so bad yourself.

He looks at Loki then back at Thor.

Aaron: What's gonna happen to your brother?

Thor: He will face judgement on Asgard. My father will ensure that.

Aaron: You mean Odin?

Thor: Aye.

Aaron: I guess you'll take the Tesseract with you?

Thor: Yes. With the Bifrost destroyed, we will need it to return home.

Aaron: Yeah, it's probably for the best. Humanity can't be trusted with that kind of power. I guess Odin will make sure that it stays safe.

Thor: He will.

Silence formed between them.

Thor: May I ask you something?

Aaron: Sure.

Thor: Why the mask? Why conceal your identity?

Aaron: (sighs) Over the past three years, I've put a lot of bad people behind bars. I've made a lot of enemies. I wear the mask not just to protect myself, but to protect the ones I care about. Besides, it's doesn't matter that a hero has a name and a face. Just knowing that they're out there, protecting the innocent is good enough.