07

TINY
__________________________________

Ever since little Tooru found out about the possibility of you leaving him, he pretty much became glued to your side, rarely not being in the same room as you.

Every time you walked around the house, he would follow.

"Why are you following me everywhere?"

He stood in shock, this whole time he thought he was being subtle and sneaky, even though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't want you to leave me..."

You sighed and knelt down in front of him, engulfing him into a hug.

"Oh Tooru, I'm not gonna leave you, you don't need to follow me!"

You heard him hum in response as he took your hug for all it's worth, feeling a bit disappointed when it ended.

You continued to walk to your destination, and your younger brother kept playing with his toys.

"Hey Tooru, guess what?"

He perked up at the sound of your voice and ran over to you excitedly.

"There's home game tonight, wanna come?"

The stars in his eyes made it seem like all of the work was worth it, his happiness giving you a sense of fulfillment.

"Really?! I wanna go! I wanna go!"

Then he thought for a minute,
"What about bedtime?"

You picked him up, causing him to giggle.

"I already asked mom, she said you can stay up late tonight!"

You felt him give you a hug with his tiny arms,
"You're the best nii-chan ever!"

You shook him around in your arms, laughter coming out from the both of you.

"I AM the best!"

Tooru's eyes were glued to the game the whole time, with you even having to remind him to blink a few times throughout it all.

His eyes analyzed every movement, every callout, every play. Meanwhile you were mainly paying attention to your younger brother, and making sure you were prepared if a stray volleyball came your way.

He shook your arm excitedly,
"Nii-chan! Did you see that? It went right past them!"

You nodded in confirmation,
"Mhm! One day you're gonna be able to do things like that too!"

He managed to rip his eyes off the game just to look into your eyes, as if he was trying to see if you were telling the truth.

"Really?"

You have him a wide smile and a thumbs up,
"Really! I'll be rooting for you, Tooru!"

He gave you a quick hug as thanks before focusing back on the game.

After the game had finished, you could tell that your younger brother was the happiest he had been in a while. I mean, of course he would be! He got to watch a real volleyball game, with his favorite older brother!

"Tooru, you want to say hi to the team?"

He nodded ecstatically, and held onto your hand tightly while you walked over to them. You spoke a few words to them, and they soon shifted focus to your younger brother, who was now uncharacteristically hiding behind you shyly.

One of them bent down to his level,
"Hey there little guy! Your older brother here told us you like volleyball,"

He nodded hesitantly.