𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒪𝓃ℯ

I was trying to finish my work that the teacher had given to us. It was about a topic that's really important to me. I find it so interesting and sad at the same time. World War II.

The work was about writing something about the War that you find oddly interesting.

"Literally everyone is going to write about the same topic"

I considered as I read the rest of the exercise.
As I expected 90% of the class had the same topic which was "Anne Frank".

"I see a lot of you guys have the same topic which is understandable! I suggest a few people read aloud they're exercises, to see if it's similar to what everyone wrote"

said our History professor "Mrs. Kenneth" in a demanding way while clicking her pen up and down on the table. I never read in class nor do I really raise my hand when they ask questions, i'm quite the observer type i guess. Since I never speak I'm usually used to teachers calling me and asking me questions to see if I was paying attention.

"Sade please read what you wrote to the class!"

As expected I was picked, I don't feel like the teacher likes me so maybe that adds to the problem.

"A topic that i find interesting about the World War II, is the story of the 16 year old. Anne Fra-"

I was interrupted by a loud knock on the door! It looked like God was by my side when that happened. I didn't have a lot of confidence on what I wrote anyways. I reassured myself while correcting some information that i wrote on her. The person behind the door knocks one more time, more gently before the teacher said:

"You may come in..."

Everyone thought it would be another teacher asking for informations about the upcoming exams, or a student that forgot their calculator or book going class to class to ask if anyone as an extra one. Surprisingly it was neither of them. A slightly tall boy walks in. His height would not be above 6'0 feet, he had long brownish black hair covering his face and the round glasses that he was wearing. He had a pretty casual outfit but at the same time fitting. A black sweater with a white turtleneck shirt under it. Light blue almost white relaxed jeans with a key holder attached to the waistband where his belt was. He had a grey Nike backpack which looked pretty empty.

"Is this class B14..?"

He said quietly with a serious face almost mad i might say.

"You are in the correct class. What brings you here?"

Said our teacher.

"I'm a transfer student from Germany, I came here to study Fine Arts. I asked the secretary on the first floor and she directed me here"

He proclaimed.

"Ok you may take a seat there's a few left. I'm going to the Secretary to ask questions about the sudden appearance. Roberto as the class president please make sure they're all quiet and on their seats, if anyone starts making noise write their name down and give them to me later"

Roberto was the teacher's pet. He always did what he was told to which i found kind of embarrassing. He had Italian roots hence why his name was Roberto.

The transfer student sat across the room, near the window row. He looked outside of the with his head relaxed on his hand. He had a almost sad look, like he didn't want to be here. Everyone in the class was looking at him thinking about how we could start a conversation with him.
I had an idea.
I wrote on a small piece of paper "What's your name?" and throwed it at him in a gentle way which landed near his feet. He picked it up and opened it.

"My name is Umi!"

He uttered in a calmly way. His voice was soft but also deep-toned. It reminded me of a song that song that i listen to often, "Amusement Park" by BAEKHYUN. He's a Korean artist and his voice is oddly similar to Umi's.

More than 20 minutes passed and Umi hasn't said a word since he revealed his name. He brought out a sketch book and started drawing with his black automatic pencil. I couldn't see the drawing since i was so far away from his desk.

His eyes looked so cold almost empty while drawing in his sketch book. He had slanted almond eyes so i could only assume he had asian origins? Also his name "Umi", i quickly brought out my phone and went on Google Translator.

"Put your phone back in you backpack or I'll write your name down..."

Said Roberto while giving me an annoyed look. That boy really got is unbearable.

Ignored him an continued on, i quickly found out that "Umi" means
sea apparently which didn't fit him at all in my opinion.

"Yo Umi wanna hang out with my friend group at lunch break?"

I shouted from across the room so he would hear me. It was pretty unusual for me ask someone to hang out with me but there was something about him that i found soothing in some type of way. He stopped drawing and raised his head facing to me. Him looking at me felt.....weird. He had that kind of look as if he was analyzing me in every way possible, from head to toe.

"Uhm...ok"

He mouthed.

30 minutes later ( at lunch break )

After leaving the classroom i showed him where the cafeteria was and where he could buy food. He showed little to no interest so i suggested if we should just sit down, to which he nodded.

"May I ask how old are you? You were so quiet in class that we were kind of scared to ask anything about you"

I said while trying to drink my iced tea from my straw.

"Were you guys scared of me? Funny."

"Of course not, you just looked like you didn't like to interact with people so we just left you alone."

"Well I'm currently 18 why though?"

He asked.

"Just wanted to know, also your name "Umi" i saw it meant sea in Japanese is that correct?"

"How did you.....well yes it means sea, I'm half Japanese!"

I knew he had some type of Asian heritage, it was pretty obvious .

"And you? Where are you from?"

He questioned.

"I was born in Manchester but my parents are both Nigerians."

I said looking at him as if it wasn't kind of expected.

"I knew it, i heard a lot of pretty girls are usually from Nigeria is that true...?"

To be continued  ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ