Chapter 6: The First Day III - First Fight

It was midday and the sun was high in the sky, Hidit and Ans were going around the school to hang the integral leaderboard. While walking around the school, they were seeing students running through the hallways in hurry to go somewhere, even though the first day of school was over.

"They all seem in hurry, do you remember if there were any special event for the first day of school this year?"

Hidit asked while hanging the leaderboard on a noticeboard.

"Not that I remember, but you are right, those students are indeed in hurry for something, do you think something happened?"

Ans asked as they began to walk toward the next noticeboard.

"I don't know, we'll have to stop the next student we see rushing at full speed."

Right after hanging another leaderboard, a pair of students was running at full speed in the hallway.

"Hey you two! Can you stop for a second?"

Ans asked while looking at the students, that stopped and stood before the teacher.

"We are sorry for running in the hallways, but we must hurry before they begin!"

"Begin? What is about to start?"

"The duel! There is going to be a duel in the Coliseum! That's where everyone is going!"

"Who are the students involved in the duel?"

"Shiraki from class 1A and Yuki from class 1C."

Ans turned to Hidit, her expression was turning pale with concern. Ans made the students resume their run while placing his hand on Hidit's shoulder.

"Are you alright? Why have you turned so pale?"

"Shiraki is a half-human, she isn't a pure demon, and she's going against the child of a really important family, of course I'm worried about her."

Ans took the leaderboards from Hidit's hands.

"Go see her, I've known you for too many years and if you don't go now you'll lament it for the rest of the year. Go see your child, I'll finish here."

"Thank you."

Hidit sprinted outside the main building rushing toward the Coliseum.

The Coliseum was located right behind the main building, the Coliseum was used for practical lessons by the different classes. When not used for lessons, the Coliseum was free to use for students that wished to train with their classmates, or to host duels. Duels are used to settle matters of any kind, from love quarrels to tests of strength, in order to do so the challenger needs to book the arena for the duel. After the booking, the news of the duel is spread around the school, the students involved wait in their locked room for the time of the duel, when time is up they are escorted to the arena by the staff.

When Hidit finally arrived at the Coliseum, she was escorted to Shiraki's locker room and she has been let in. When she saw Shiraki she was left speechless: Shiraki was doing warm-up exercises wearing only her underwear in order to not wet the uniform with sweat before the duel.

"Oh hello sensei, fancy meeting you here, do you need something?"

Shiraki's body was toned and muscular. Her arms, her abs, her legs, everything was toned and well defined, muscles that couldn't be seen while wearing the uniform.

"Why are you going on a duel? Do you even know who are you against? You should surrender now that you have time because you'll only get yourself hurt!"

Shiraki finished with her warm-up and began to dry her sweat with a towel.