"Memorise The Manual" - Albedo

ALRIGHT BEFORE ANYTHING- THIS IDEA CAME FROM THIS VIDEO RIGHT HERE, ALL SONG CREDIT GOES THERE I'VE ONLY WRITTEN THE PARTS THAT ARE CLEARLY ONLY THE STORY ITSELF ALRIGHT?
HERE: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSRx1xDoS/

Here's the oneshot, Ill likely rewrite this soon as its very very unsatisfying to me.

--

"Memorise the manuel"

The young blonde child nodded his head at the words said by the woman infront of him, otherwise known as Rhinedotter.
She handed him a piece of paper covered with information handwritten in an old script, the paper seemed to be from a long time ago and so was the script it was written in.

It seemed to be all social rules and polite phrases to use in very specific setuations,
"You must fit in, dont let them know."

"You're hopeless on your own"

A small explosion echoed within the lab, it was a result of a miscalculation on the alchemist's behalf. A small mistake could be the end of everything for him and he was fully aware of it. The woman glared at him after the explosion, she had left the child alone to show her what he could do by himself.
Easy to say, she was extremely disappointed. Albedo flinched at that glare of hers visibly disappointed in himself as well.

"If you mess up like that once more I may need to throw you with the others, It looks like I was wrong about you being the perfect specimin."

"I apologise master, it wont happen again"

"Clean your mess and follow me"

"Understood"

"If you make it look natural, then nobody will know"

"Wow, Albedo! Its like the word genius was specifically made to describe you, This is quite a pleasant surprise at this time. Thank you for your efforts"

"Its nothing to thank me for Master Jean, its only my duty as a knight"

The alchemist's hands held a small vile of some sort of yellow tinted liquid, it didnt look to be anything you'd stumble upon randomly or by accident.

It was a new medicine to help with a spreading illness in Mondstadt, the church and its healers seemed helpless when it came to this even going through multiple failed attempts at eradicating this illness whether it be with vaccines, medicines or pills.

The shorter male managed to make a cure for it, and judging by the acting grand master's reaction it was just what they needed at that time.

Many had fallen due to this sickness knights and civilians alike, it wasnt any help to sit around and pray, Barbatos has never been able to answer the prayers and heal everyone at once, he has long left this nation to fend for itself.

"The story of a robot, who knows they'll never be"

Albedo crashed into his chair the moment he entered his house, its been a long tiring day for him.
A lot of it needed to be spent with other people discussing recent breakthroughts with leaders of other nations, their offers to for him to work with them, the new ideas and so on.
The entire time his brain was screaming at him to run away, it was all too much.
Keeping social relationships is.. Exhausting.
Once you establish a relation with someone, you must continue to maintain it; if you lose contact, you must reestablish the relation. This taxing cycle requires a lot of time and effort on both ends, if one stops responding there's little to nothing the other side can do which leads to a whole other problem on its own.

Though called a genius by many, Albedo never thought of himself as the part. He was hardly anything special besides not being human like the rest. He will never really fit in with them, will he?
Emotions are so easy for them, something he'll never understand.
He may know a lot but they have never once failed to make him lose his composure. Some handle them relatively easily and move on, others hide them until they break.
He doesnt understand why.
Why must they be so important, why do they affect and control so much of everything?

That is one of the things he will never manage to answer, afterall to answer a question you need to have full understanding of it and the topic at hand neither of which someone born of chalk could ever be.
His master's words have never left him this entire time, she's told him time and time again about how he'll never be the same as them, his one job is to find the truth of this world.
If he fails, then celestia forbid what consequences follow for the waste of time and effort raising him.
A ticking time bomb is what he can be best described as, he was running out of time. If things continue as they are he was bound to snap soon, destroy Mondstadt, destroy everything.
They will all be too powerless to stop it, everything would be demolished including those he has come to love and care for.
He needed to work faster, to fix his mistakes to make her proud to break free of this guilt and-

"No more than a machine, learning how to please."