"Is that the high school you went to?" He nodded.

"Yeah, lead the varsity hockey team to back-to-back state championships in my junior and senior year"

"That's pretty impressive Bubbles" He sighed.

"Is that my nickname now?"

"It's better than Peacock. Or Buzzkill"

"I guess so. Does that mean I should go back to calling you Skater?" I let my hand fly to my mouth.

"Oh my god I haven't skated in like a week"

"You should practice this week sometime. And let me watch you. I promise not to make you break any bones again" I shook my head with a smile as I yawned.

"Come on, let's go to bed." He said.

"I'm not ready to sleep"

"I didn't say let's sleep Pruitt, let's just climb in. We can keep talking"

"Good. Cause I like talking to you" He smiled.

"That makes two of us"

We climbed into his bed, me against the wall like last time. Although this time didn't feel awkward like it had once before. It was comfortable and I found myself nuzzling into Fraser naturally.

"You know, if you'd have told me at the start of the year that we would end up here like this, I'd have punched you a lot sooner" I said. His laugh vibrated my head and I smiled.

"I don't doubt that. I'm surprised you didn't back then, to be honest. I wasn't very nice to you"

"Yeah, but I didn't make it any easier on you either. I was a bitch"

"Well I won't deny it when you're the one admitting"

"You're an asshole"

"Maybe a little. Hey, maybe this week you could teach me some skating moves"

"You're dreaming McGill" He chuckled again.

"Worth a shot. But can I watch?"

"I guess so. I want to start competing again. I miss it" I yawned with the sentence and the lamp was turned off.

"Get some sleep Pruitt, you're no fun when you're tired"

"And you look better in the dark" Fraser shoved me as best he could while I was cuddling into him and I yawned again, closing my eyes and wanting to fall asleep. But Fraser wasn't going to allow me that reality any time soon so it seemed.

"Are you gonna come with us to Mankato in two weeks?"

"Fraser you just asked me tonight. I told you I'd think about it"

"And I want to know" I sighed.

"Maybe. I couldn't bear to be there if one of you gets hurt again"

"Now that Cooper's gotten over whatever his issue was, I think we're going to be great. We won last night, even without Bennett"

"It's two weeks away, why do you want me to say yes so soon?" I felt him shrug.

"I like having something to look forward to. Speaking of, are you gonna talk to your mom about staying in Dallas over thanksgiving?" I sighed.

"I don't know, she's weird. She'll go out of her way to make time at home awful for me but will also hate me going anywhere else"

"Okay, I'll ask Bennett at some point too but you don't have to have an answer straight away"

"Oh so you won't pressure me about that but I have to give you an answer for Mankato right away?"

"Yup. That's completely your decision so I won't wait"